Funny American dad episode!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm so glad you guys like the show! I actually storyboard for American Dad and its always so nice to hear a little fan praise (seeing as the Network never misses a chance to make us feel like Family Guy's unwanted mutant sibling that they're trying to keep locked away in the basement).
For example, this x-mas MacFarlane bought everyone on Family Guy a set of Stewie roller luggage. American Dad got baseball caps.....the same baseball caps we got last year:boo:

Anyway, I'm so happy there are people out there who appreciate our work --here's hoping for a 5th season!

HAH! I knew we had some muppet fans working on those shows! :insatiable:

True, but in that case, FG is a shell of what it used to be, replaying the same sort of jokes over and over & not doing anything new.
Personally, I still love the show, and I honestly find it much, much funnier than what Simpsons has been doing lately... I mean, seriously... anyone see that episode where Bart raised a pet Cow, and it turned into yet another preachy veggie episode? Lisa hasn't been enjoyable ever since they made her one. She's just little misses soap box now.

Personally, FG's best episode this season was killing off Lois, but not really. The cut scenes are usually better than the rest of the plot lately.

But AD has never failed to please me on some level. I especially liked last night's School House Rock number about the Iran Contra affair. And the bit about Ollie North's hidden gold.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I mean Family guy is still a great show. But American Dad seems to be the best show currently.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Lisa hasn't been enjoyable ever since they made her one. She's just little misses soap box now.
She was always opinionated. We just never saw as much of it as we have been recently seeing.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
... anyone see that episode where Bart raised a pet Cow, and it turned into yet another preachy veggie episode? Lisa hasn't been enjoyable ever since they made her one. She's just little misses soap box now.
One of the reasons why Lisa is still a vegetarian is because of Paul McCartney. He and his late wife Linda agreed to do the episode, but only if Lisa remained a vegetarian from that show on. The producers agreed, and Lisa hasn't eaten meat since.

It's funny when you look at the Tracy Ullman shorts on the season sets. Lisa is almost an entirely different character; she's almost as bad as Bart in some of the segments, lol.

Anyway, I still do enjoy The Simpsons, as well as Family Guy and American Dad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One of the reasons why Lisa is still a vegetarian is because of Paul McCartney. He and his late wife Linda agreed to do the episode, but only if Lisa remained a vegetarian from that show on. The producers agreed, and Lisa hasn't eaten meat since.
Yes, but they don't need her for a yuppie soap box for that every single time. I really enjoy the episodes where she changes, but I hate the results. Like, I liked the one where she becomes a Buddhist (and how hypocritical she is, since she wanted a pony- Buddhism= Free from want).

Now that she's the overly preachy voice of reason, and they do little to mock her preachiness, they totally ruined the character. She was supposed to be meant as a smarter, yet more soulful version of Bart. Now she's quite easily the worst character on the show, I think.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Characters evolve or devolve. Such is the way with entertainment.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm so glad you guys like the show! I actually storyboard for American Dad and its always so nice to hear a little fan praise (seeing as the Network never misses a chance to make us feel like Family Guy's unwanted mutant sibling that they're trying to keep locked away in the basement).
For example, this x-mas MacFarlane bought everyone on Family Guy a set of Stewie roller luggage. American Dad got baseball caps.....the same baseball caps we got last year:boo:

Anyway, I'm so happy there are people out there who appreciate our work --here's hoping for a 5th season!
Don't worry, you are definitely appreciated! Plus as a fan, I feel that AD has more substance than FG, and I think it has more potential for longevity. I'm sorry that the network doesn't agree with the fans! :insatiable:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Don't worry, you are definitely appreciated! Plus as a fan, I feel that AD has more substance than FG, and I think it has more potential for longevity. I'm sorry that the network doesn't agree with the fans! :insatiable:
They mush give it a bad tile slot as the rating number show a fairly significant and consistent drop form Family Guys which it currently their highest rated prime time carton.