Funniest thing that a character or an adult on SS ever said

tutter_fan

Reaction score
What's some of the funniest things you've ever heard from any Sesame Street character or an adult?

:batty:: Ah, hello!! It is I, the count, yes, Count Von Count! Do you know why they call me The Count? Because I LOVE to play the organ!!! Ah ah!! Just kidding!

CrashMon24

Reaction score
I Feel like To me Ernie Bert segments and Grover and Mr Johnson segments were funny ones but definitely in the older seasons Oscar’s nicknames for the cast were funny and there was an episode where he was having trouble with his jaloppy and I think Susan and Maira beat him up off screen

ssetta

Reaction score
I can actually think of several:

Episode 3591
Papa Bear: I think we're going to need a second opinion.

Grover and Mr. Johnson: Hot Dog Stand
Grover: I do not think he is cut out for the hot dog business. Sometimes I would even say after that, "I don't think so either!"

Elmo Saves Christmas
An Elf in Santa's Workshop: The ticket was non-refundable!
Another Elf: Santa, come on! We're missing the peak tanning hours!

Episode 4045
Cookie Monster: You expecting Iambic Pentameter?

Those are just some I can think of at the moment.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think numerous occurrences of Bert's dialogue whenever he was frustrated tended to spark laughter in me. Also, in the Cookie Monster at the library sketch, I laughed at the librarian's frustration after repeatedly telling Cookie that the library doesn't have cookies, despite Cookie insisting he wanted cookies.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
For me, it was "I 8 the sandbox" and "Ten-Q" along with the 'Lagies and Jenkelfengs' thing from the Harry Belafonte episode of The Muppet Show. I heard that in between takes, Jim Henson and Frank Oz would act so silly, especially if the dialogue was flubbed. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The one Bert & Ernie sketch I found the most hilarious was the "releasing balloons" sketch. I especially found it amusing when Bert's anger got the best of him, and threw a fit in the apartment, shattering glass and even knocking down a garbage bucket. According to Muppet Wiki, that sketch was only shown four times on the show, and didn't get shown on television again until Open Sesame in the late 1990s.