Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok, where are the pictures? Is this not the end of the week?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I guess that we will probably have to wait until Toy Fair... :frown: Oh well, if the changes are as good as I am hoping, then it will be worth the weight.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I feel totally dumped upon.

First: I feel that we here at Muppet Central have been spoiled by Mr Lilly over the last few years with repeated visits to this site with "insider info" on the line we all love and adore. I know this is atypical behaviour for a product manager/ whatever title he holds with Pallisades, and I adore him for it, but I also realize we are spoiled by this treatment.

Second: I also feel that Mr Diresta intended to give us this treatment originally and, for whatever reason, thought against it.

I don't have anything against Mr Diresta and I am CERTAIN he's a very busy man. But I can't stand that we have nearly 500 posts on this thread alone about this line of toys and are repeatedly promised info regarding such a major point of interest to nearly everyone here, and those promises are constantly empty. It's now 10:00 central time on a Saturday and we were told we would have more info by the "end of the week." There is still no new info. The fact that I have no new info is less of a perturbance than the fact that I was told I would HAVE some info by a certain time. If this is how things are handled regarding this line NOW, I can only imagine how they will be handled when the line actually comes out.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but if it does, it's just my opinion. I don't even intend to offend Mr Diresta. This is not intended to be inflammatory either. I KNOW it sounds that way, but my family and friends who could give a hoot about this line anyway are tired of hearing about it and my griping. I had to post it here to see if anyone else shared my feelings, even in a small part. I have strived to keep this civil, as in essence this is still just a discussion about action figures, and not REALLY that big a deal.

Again, I have not intended to anger anyone here, nor am I asking anyone to jump on my bandwagon. I AM asking for simple accountability to be displayed if I am to be expected to spend upwards of $200 on a toy line (I just came up with this figure to calculate the first 20 figs I would buy of this line).

Thank you for your time.

josh.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, there's always tomorrow, but I doubt it.

What really sucks is that SW didn't accept Palisades bid on the license!!! It turns out that they DID try to get the license and Fun-4-Crap took it out from under them! It's one thing not to have that one-on-one relationship, I understand that (even though they did SAY that would happen), but when something is said and then THAT doesn't happen I get mad. It's crap. If Palisades gets outbid for the Fraggles, I won't be happy.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yoda: The boy has no patience...

Obi-Wan: He will learn patience.

Seriously, perhaps these just weren't ready to show yet. There's a lot of reasons why we might not have seen the new models yet. I'm giving them the benifit of the doubt--I'd rather see the figures when the people making them feel comfortable showing them.

Erine81981

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yoda: The boy has no patience...

Obi-Wan: He will learn patience.

Seriously, perhaps these just weren't ready to show yet. There's a lot of reasons why we might not have seen the new models yet. I'm giving them the benifit of the doubt--I'd rather see the figures when the people making them feel comfortable showing them.
I agree with Yoda, Obi-Wan and Andywan Kenobi. Just let them show them when they fell more patience. Don't be so unpatience.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Justification.

Then tell me they're not ready.
Diresta contacted us initially with promises to keep us notified and updated, as one of the largest collections of SST fans anywhere. I was hoping to just express my opinion about my dissapointment and not encite people to rash acts/ words (who am I kidding, I'm an instigator), but that can't always work. I surely hope that this line rocks. Odds are no matter what I will be buying these figs. I just feel upset about broken words. At the very least it shows dishonesty.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
From what I know there is a delay, The figures were being panted at the end of last week (when we should have seen photos.)

Im sure we'll see them this week.

:frown: :stick_out_tongue:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I just read what was said and the F4A guy (I can't remeber names) did say "hopefully" so my outrage has subsided. If he said they will show pictures or that pictures would definatly be shown, then I'd still be mad. But since the term was "hopefully", meaning not a certainty, I'm ok with not getting pictures this past friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.