Fraggle Rock Season 1 arrives September 6

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
It's episode 70, "Gunge the Great and Glorious".
Hey, that's one of the ones I was predicting. I figured it'd be a Doozer tangential one, either this or "Boober and the Glob", and come to think of it, another bonus episode, the one on "Dance Your Cares Away", was "Home is Where the Trash Is". Maybe this is a good indication of how to predict (or maybe not, as there were only two Philo & Gunge centered episodes to my recollection).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Is it True

I haven't seen the DVD of Fraggle Rock Season I, in fact since I don't have cable I couldn't even see it back when it was on TV. However, I bought a Fraggle Rock song album back during the VHS era and one of my favorite songs on it was "Is It True" I liked the song's gospel beat and style. I prompted me to buy the tapes of the Fraggle Rock episodes to find out which episode this song was in. While I had a lot of fun watching the four two episode tapes that were released, unfortunately none of them had that song in either of the episodes. :frown:
I am hoping to get the DVD of each season as they come out and watch the whole series. Does anybody know during which season it was that that song came out. :confused:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I haven't seen the DVD of Fraggle Rock Season I, in fact since I don't have cable I couldn't even see it back when it was on TV. However, I bought a Fraggle Rock song album back during the VHS era and one of my favorite songs on it was "Is It True" I liked the song's gospel beat and style. I prompted me to buy the tapes of the Fraggle Rock episodes to find out which episode this song was in. While I had a lot of fun watching the four two episode tapes that were released, unfortunately none of them had that song in either of the episodes. :frown:
I am hoping to get the DVD of each season as they come out and watch the whole series. Does anybody know during which season it was that that song came out. :confused:
Season Two. It's from episode #35, "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock", sung by a shifty wizard who looks an awful lot like Wembley.

If you ever want to find more FR info, probably the best web resource is Chris's Fraggle Rock Page. It has an episode guide, song index and lyrics, guide to all things of the FR world, and a performers/directors/writers guide.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I am still in awe about this DVD set. It's amazing how much stuff is being crammed into this thing: original notes, never-before-seen footage...wow.

blackurth said:
and yes the episodes all have beginning and end credits all original saying "featuring jim hensons muppets"

I think season two should have reproductions of the original drawings/sketches made for the show
Yes!! I was afraid that they couldn't use the word "Muppet" in anything related to Fraggle Rock (they certainly did that for most of the 3-episode DVDs). Thank goodness they remained intact.

As for the original drawings: ditto. It seems that original Fraggle drawings are very hard to find.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
blackurth said:
yes the episodes all have beginning and end credits all original saying "featuring jim hensons muppets"
That's great to hear. I wasn't crazy about that new logo (anyone else feel that way?) I loved the original 'rock' logo and was disheartened when it was replaced for the new videos. That original logo just had such a classic feel, the font and design were just so perfect for the series. Also good to know we'll have (presumably) the original credits, since the new ones for the 3-episode DVDs were riddled with mistakes (anyone else catch them?)

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Season Two. It's from episode #35, "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock", sung by a shifty wizard who looks an awful lot like Wembley.

If you ever want to find more FR info, probably the best web resource is Chris's Fraggle Rock Page. It has an episode guide, song index and lyrics, guide to all things of the FR world, and a performers/directors/writers guide.

Thanks Gorgon Heap I'll be sure to check out that page. :smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
That's great to hear. I wasn't crazy about that new logo (anyone else feel that way?) I loved the original 'rock' logo and was disheartened when it was replaced for the new videos. That original logo just had such a classic feel, the font and design were just so perfect for the series. Also good to know we'll have (presumably) the original credits, since the new ones for the 3-episode DVDs were riddled with mistakes (anyone else catch them?)

The only thing I don't like about the new logo is at the beginning of the theme, it completely obstructs the Fraggles in the scene; you can barely see Boober and Red.

As for end credits, yes, I noticed the mistakes as well (most notably the episode titles: "Wembly and the Gorg" ?!).

Vibs

Reaction score
YEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYYY!!! It's here next tuesday!! I'm SO gonna bug my mum to buy it for me!! just thought I'd drop by and say YEYEYYEYEYEYEYEYYY!!!.

:smile: yey :smile:

getup

Reaction score
i thought it was funny on the trivia, how they totally let you know before you even started what the bonus episode was going to be. did anyone else pick up on that? i was hoping it wasn't going to be that episode though..it's not one of my favorites...and the trivia was TRICKY. lol. but got through it and found out that it was the foreshadowed episode. verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting