Fraggle Rock on DVD - Region 2

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
WOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!! The fraggles are comin', the fraggles are comin'!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

*has no idea if his DVD player is "region free" or whatever, but sure hopes so*

beaker

Reaction score
luke:

>>>I know you can get region free players in the states but how the heck do you get a PAL signal on a NTSC TV set - they are totally different display formats ? I take it you must have some kind of PAL compatible TV set as well ?<<<

Well heres the thing. I used to have an expensive dvd player. Then my mom gave me some very generic dvd player she won,
and once i showed what it could do...i took back my other dvd player and now all my friends have generic 'master' dvds. These things are incredible: dvd all region even pal, vcd/vcd-cdr/svcd,
photo cds, cds/cdr music, mp3s...everything except console video games!

the signal? I dont know, but when i pop in my uk playstation region europe dvd, it plays FINE! I even got a huge flatscreen, and monster video/audio cables...so everybody over to cory's house for MTM and MFC! hehe I just want people to start converting never gonna be available to dvds tv specials to vcd! hehe. Anyways, I know people in europe that have these too, so they can play ntsc on their tvs.

Now PAL vcr? nope, thats wayyyyy to expensive to convert, as man i wish i could get a hold of the US banned song of the south and some other disney oddities.

So Luke/War/Jog/etc...what JHC dvds are there in europe that arent here? I heard storyteller and soon FR, but what else?

beaker

Reaction score
oh yea...the hoobs

BTW, i know luke and some others said the hoobs wasnt the greatest show, but im still curious (i still havent even seen big bag) i was wondering why the hoobs even tho scheduled, never came to us cable? also, is bear in the big blue house in europe, or just US? If its one or the other, Im SO glad we get Bear. I love that show. I have idea thats would expand the format and make it cooler, but oh well. The Hoobs isnt like a bunch of muppets behind an anything muppet 'wall' ala sesame is it?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

We also have Of Muppets and Men on DVD.

And something about Season Box Sets of The Muppet Show in France around the same time as the Fraggle Rock releases.

See ya

Animal

Reaction score
Hey Warrick,

GREAT news! But where did you get that info???
Any pages where I can read more about this and the season box-sets of Muppet Show you´re talking about???

*Hans*

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hans,

Hey,
I got this information from a TV Researcher in France.
I got the Fraggle Rock info from him too.

He said Thirty at first then Season by Season on DVD.

We will find out what this all means in September !

I'll keep you all updated !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Corey

We get Bear, as well as Moppatop, as well as Hoobs, as well as other Henson stuff on Nickelodeon and it's offshoot channels. Basically we do better than most other countries Henson-wise.

Hoobs actually i now rate more than i ever used to - i spent a week reviewing it for Toughpigs and i got really into it and spoke to some of the folks behind it. The people behind it have worked on a few of the Muppet Movies and other Henson TV shows. It really is turning into something very Fraggle Rock-ish. It was supposed to come to the Odyssey Channel in the states but when Hallmark bought out of the Henson TV deal 'Hoobs' got nixed as part of that. Hoobs is definitely not a bunch of anything Muppets - they all have their own characters and are styled very differently, plus the music is i would say well at the standard of the Muppet Show or Fraggle. It takes a while to get into but i think it is something that has really gone underated just because it isn't on in the states yet.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Cory,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
And something about Season Box Sets of The Muppet Show in France around the same time as the Fraggle Rock releases.
Where are you getting this information from?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

From the same French Person i got the Fraggle Rock DVD info from.

We'll have to wait till September to know what is actually happening, I know im gonna see what happens in France before i buy the Columbia Realeses.
Id much rather Season Box Sets than Best of Discs...

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
The thing about French DVD's is that even with the english language track, the French will always be the one that plays when you first turn the disc on and change the audio track. Not saying that matters too much but it is a bit more fiddly than English discs.