Fozzie Bear the volunteer worker?

Censored

Reaction score
Okay, another post about Fozzie. In the Ethel Merman episode, he tried to negotiate for more money. Kermit gave him ten times his regular salary, but it's then revealed that Fozzie makes nothing. So, was he a volunteer worker? Come to think of it, I remember seeing a panel in the 80's for a Muppet Show comic strip idea where all of the characters were on their knees and Kermit sighs, "It must be pay day." Maybe Kermit really didn't believe in paying his employees; that would explain why they were so hard to control. LOL

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Steve Martin episode, Waldorf said that tickets are free. In the Zero Mostel episode, Floyd points out that it is pay day, and kermit doesn't have the money needed to pay everyone. It was mentiond that Scooter get's paid in the Jim Nabors and Dom Deluise episodes.

I think that most on-stage performers don't get paid. The Electric Mayhem probably get's paid, as does the orchestra. I think most backstage help (Scooter, Hilda, Gladys, etc.) get paid, and I'm sure that Miss Piggy get's paid (in the dom deluise episode, Kermit told her that she would have to take a co-pay). The guest stars probably get paid too.

I think that on-stage performers like Fozzie, Gonzo, Wayne and Wanda, Lew Zeland, and Marvin Suggs just want to perform regardless of whether they get paid. Of course, in It's a Very merry Muppet hristmas Movie, everybody agrees to a paycut, so everybody must have gotten a paycheck by then,\.