For the Count: International Muppets

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Just thought I might add a little note to a whole bunch of characters not added to your "Master Listing": Sesame Street's foreign co-productions. There are a ton of great Muppets out there. Do you want to add them to your list?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, what ton of other Muppet characters are you talking about MuppetDude?
If its characters from productions like Land of Gorch, Sam & Friends, Ghost of Faffner Hall, etc. don't worry about it. I'll cover that with Muppet_dk and you if you're still willing after finishing up with SS Season 35.
If its characters from bygone seasons of Sesame that I wouldn't have access to until I end my Law School studies and embark on a comprehensive research project, then please post them.
You might want to post them in my Muppets Listings 10.0 thread, since I always ask for forum members to post any suggestions/descriptions of characters still missing from the latest version posted.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I think he are talking about Samson, Bjarne, Alfa, Max Mekker, Pino, Tommie and all the other muppets from the forigen Sesame Street versions such as Sessam Strasse, Sesam Stajon, Sesamstraat and so on.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
My site will soon be back online, After I fix a few bugs. Then you will be able to get a totaly comprehensive list of all the Foriegn Sesame Street Muppets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then, I think I'll just wait until MuppetDude replies with just what "ton of other Muppet characters" he's talking about.
Till then, hope I can get your help in the SS Season 35 thread and will talk to you guys after that's done.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Muppet_DK is right; the "ton of other characters" I was talking about would be the cast of those Sesame Street co-productions, like Plaza Sesamo and Sesamstraat. If interested, I could start a list of the Plaza Sesamo cast list.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer MuppetDude, but the truth is that I just don't know if they should be added as well. Believe me, I struggled with this quandry while watching Sesame Stays Up Late, a New Year Eve's Celebratation. Just think that it would be far too many characters and far too many productions with far too many episodes to diverge from the US original version. Then again, with the current listings reaching over the 2000 character mark with SS Season 35 and other Henson productions left...
Just not sure at this point, convince me.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm really not sure how to convince you; I thought that it would be an interesting thing to look into. There are literally hundreds of Muppets in the world, and the fact that someone is doccumenting a list of all (if not most) of them...that's just pretty amazing: a list of creations, fifty years in the making....

Plus, it's another excuse for me to help you. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, and thanks go out to you as well. Why is it that whenever I see one of your posts you're offline? Must be that you're using the invisible mode when surfing the forums.
Well, never mind that, head on over to the Season 35 thread and find the list of what's still missing from being added.
As for the international characters, again I just don't know. The thing is that after I finish my Law School studies, my plans are to get some Independent Living training for handicapped people and hit up the NFB to fund my research. If that happens, then I would talk to the Henson entities and try to get on-location research permission to go through all of these shows/movies with assistants to publish a grand work with descripts of the characters and episode guides and all the like. What makes me a bit uneasy about adding the International SS characters is that the US version alone has almost 4100 episodes after this season, so how many would that make for the international versions all added up? And then there's the time involved in watching all of those versions with multilingual assistants, so I don't know right now.
If you make a pretty darn good argument, along with something for me to review, then we could see what happens. That's how Luke convinced me to add The Hoobs and BITBBH in the first place, which made me think into expanding to the other stuff on my current ML version 10.
Well, hope to hear from you soon and hope to continue receiving such great help from everyone here.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Why should you feel uneasy about a list topping over 4100? As long as Sesame Street keeps turning out seasons, there will always be more characters, and there's still a lot of Sesame characters not included in your list yet (such as the "Elmo's World" Muppets). And what other company can brag about having created over 4000 characters all around the world?
As for the co-productions, there are about two to five Muppets on each production, not counting the human cast. But a few shows do have their own Anything Muppets ("Plaza Sesamo" and "Sesame Park" come to mind), always creating more and more characters. I'm not the only one with access to a Muppet co-production (a few people are from the Netherlands are here, as well as from Canada), and I'm sure that there are others who would like to help.
Otherwise, think it over carefully. I hope that you come up with a reasonable conclusion.

Now as to quote a wise man, "Hope this helps and have a good day. Ah-ah-ah!"