Follow That Bird Discussion Thread

AAO

Reaction score
I've analyzed this film from up and down....still I WANT MORE!

AAO

Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting a petition about making a special edition DVD for Follow That Bird! Anyone think it's a good idea?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
During the scene where Big Bird is leaving, it might have been funny if Forgetful Jones had said "don't forget to remember things!" or "Don't forget to..uh, don't frget, oh, uh... uh, I forget!"

It seems weird that the birds are called the Feathrered Friends but the credits list them as Board of Birds.

Does anybody know who performed the bird who appeared in the first street scene? Could it have been Kathy Mullen?

AAO

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
During the scene where Big Bird is leaving, it might have been funny if Forgetful Jones had said "don't forget to remember things!" or "Don't forget to..uh, don't frget, oh, uh... uh, I forget!"

It seems weird that the birds are called the Feathrered Friends but the credits list them as Board of Birds.

Does anybody know who performed the bird who appeared in the first street scene? Could it have been Kathy Mullen?
I really don't know. But the thing you said about the credits saying: "Board of Birds" they're saying the board of birds for the "Feathered Friends". And I do think it was Kathy Mullen who performed that bird.

Here's something funny: in the opening street scene where Big Bird is rollerskating. Big Bird is "La-La"ing. Bob says: "Hi Big Bird!" Big Bird replys, "Hi Bob!" Maria says, "Good morning Big Bird!" Big Bird sounds like he cuts her off and starts "La-La"ing again! LOL! I thought it was funny when I was little because I always thought Big Bird was being a smart ellic. Maybe Carol Spinney's inner Oscar was getting the best of Big Bird. LOL!

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
I really don't know. But the thing you said about the credits saying: "Board of Birds" they're saying the board of birds for the "Feathered Friends". And I do think it was Kathy Mullen who performed that bird.

Here's something funny: in the opening street scene where Big Bird is rollerskating. Big Bird is "La-La"ing. Bob says: "Hi Big Bird!" Big Bird replys, "Hi Bob!" Maria says, "Good morning Big Bird!" Big Bird sounds like he cuts her off and starts "La-La"ing again! LOL! I thought it was funny when I was little because I always thought Big Bird was being a smart ellic. Maybe Carol Spinney's inner Oscar was getting the best of Big Bird. LOL!

That's a funny thought. I'll have to watch for it next time.

Also, I really like Biff's line at the end of the scene where Maria reads the letter from Big Bird. He has so much attitude. I loved that he was there.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but I think David was originally supposed to be in this movie. It seems like since he couldn't make it they replaced him with Grover in one scene, (when it shows him working behind the counter), and Bob in another, when it showed him closing up the store and saying goodnight to Barkley.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ever wonder why Maria never sang in Follow That Bird when both Gordon and Olivia did? Olivia even got a featured song with Big Bird and Snuffy. I never really thought of Sonia Manzano as much of a singer anyway so its fine. What are your thoughts?

AAO

Reaction score
Well, I think too it was for time as well. Maybe she didn't want to sing? I don't know though...

AAO

Reaction score
Maybe when I go to Sesame Street I'll ask Kevin Clash, who was supposibly a background Muppet, about the film? Or maybe even Caroll Spinney. Then, I'll defintly be able to answer some questions that seem to have lingered around this thread for a long long long long time.!

AAO

Reaction score
Sesame Street Movies Future

I continue to wonder in the next few years will Sesame Street consider doing another film? This time it actually be good?! You know?! I thought Elmo in Grouchland was wacky and out of control...wasn't tooo crazy about it...although, I did love the publicity Sesame Street was getting...especially from Rosie O Donald....I loved it when she did her entire set as a replica from Sesame Street...I taped it...now I've lost it!!! :cry: