1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Finally an official DARK CRYSTAL PREQUEL !!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Laszlo, Dec 31, 2011.

1. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thank you for the very interesting Link!
  3. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Ooooo! They really did dredge this up from the land of the nearly precariously close to being written off and forgotten! Love it. Thanks for sharing. Insightful stuff!
  4. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

I want to see Dark Crystal. I hear it's amazing.
  5. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

You know, believe it or not it's not one of my favorites. It's definitely impressive and the puppeteering is tremendous. Still, it's not one I could get really into. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I didn't care for the main character. It's a slow moving plot, which is good for building atmosphere but when you combine those elements, it just doesn't work for me. Still, I know it's considered one of the superior Henson films for most.
  6. mostlikemokey

You are a fast-paced movie type for sure.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hahaha! You'd be surprised. I don't mind slow build up....so long as it's building to something. Even if it's kind of cerebral, I can handle something like that if I can sink my teeth into it. For some reason, though, I just couldn't with this movie. But I do think the technology used for this one was really impressive. There's no question there. It LOOKS amazing.
  8. mostlikemokey

Yeah, good point. It has to have depth.
    Personally, I like stuff that's sappy but has action and depth.
  9. mostlikemokey

Is that a weird combo?
  10. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Nope! Sounds like the perfect Tarbaby of movies.
    Hmmm well I would describe the original Dark Crystal as a moody, fantasy adventure story with rather dire undertones. The prequel sound like it has the makings of a tragic paint by numbers. How did we get from point A to point Doomsday!?
    ^_^ Makes me curious. I'll probably pick it up. I mean, this could enrich the story even more and give more context to the actions that take place in the movie. I mean, that's the idea anyway.
  11. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

C'mon! I DID care for the Gelflings... very much so!
  12. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

It is AMAZING if you are into art. It has brilliant visuals, music, atmosphere and the details are incredible! I even like the story. To me it is better than Tolkien (I just dont like hairy feet. LOL!)
  13. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

The Dark Crystal isn't about story. It's about creating a world that has been for thousands of years, and will be there long after the movie has ended. To that end, Henson and company succeeded. I'm not a big fan of the story myself, but I agree with Lazlo when he says it's better than Tolkien. I've never liked Lord of the Rings.
  14. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

15. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

O_O Neeeeeeeat ...... *drools*
  17. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

BTW: What happened to that Jareth prequel comic scheduled for Dec 2012?
  18. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

19. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I finally got the book and I really love it! I think it is better than the first volume.