FF: "Wembley's Lesson Dilemma"

Fraggline

Reaction score
Felicitations, folks! This is Fraggline's far from fabulous but fundamentally fine fanfic!

(well, it's my first...)

Okay, everybody, please forgive me for this, since I have not written a whole lot of stories and this may very well be the first one I ever finished, but anybody who wants to is more than welcome to say what they don't like about it; I could use the criticism!:smile:
enjoy.

Mokey sure can paint well! Wembley thought one day as he watched his friend make graceful strokes on a canvas to duplicate the bouquet of poppies he had picked for her. Up, down, and from side to side, her paintbrush swept like a dancer along the canvas. It seemed as if magic made the simple movements turn into a real bouquet.

“Boy, Mokey, I’d really like to paint like you can someday,” Wembley murmured, mesmerized by her talent.

“Oh, thanks, Wembley!” Mokey kept on painting calmly for a few seconds, but all of a sudden, a light seemed to turn on in her head. She looked as if a giant meteor had struck her. “Wembley!” She exclaimed with great delight. “I can teach you how to paint right now!”

Wembley was delighted, too: he’d love to be taught by Mokey! She was such a patient teacher. “I’d love that!” He answered her.

“The first step in painting,” Mokey began, “is to wear a smock whenever you start. It can be any old shirt that you don’t mind getting splattered with paint.”

“Okay! I’ll go get a smock!”

Wembley dashed to his cave to get his dirty banana tree shirt, which he figured would be a good smock; but before he could get there, he ran into Red. She was diving into the Fraggle Pond.

“Hoo-hoo!” Red cried as she clapped her hands together in preparation for a dive. She leapt off her diving cliff and swooped down like a hawk into the pond, making a huge crashing sound in the water.

“Gosh, Red,” Wembley commented with awe as she popped her head out of the pond, “you can dive really well!”

“Thanks!” Red scrambled back to the cliff and prepared for another dive. Red was one of the bravest, most daring divers in the whole rock --- not to mention one of the best.

Just then, Wembley got a wonderful idea! “Hey, Red!” He cried. “Can you teach me how to dive?”

“Yeah!” Red was ecstatic. “I’d love to! We can start right now!”

“Okay!”

Wembley was excited; he liked diving, and Red was an expert at it! He couldn’t help feeling a little bad about starting right then, however; after all, Mokey was already going to teach him how to paint. Mokey probably won’t mind, though, he thought as he joined Red at the Fraggle Pond.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Wow-EEE!

What a great fanfic! I love it already. And hilarious introduction. One might say it is a "fantastic fanfic, far from phony" (yeah, that counts, and if it doesn't, I don't care)

LOVE seeing inside wembley's mind. Favorite fraggle of all time, and i can definitely identify with him...hope this works out...

And the descriptions are awesome! I can see everyone's faces. But I want to know what happens next,a dn there's only one way to find out.

Fort you to write more! (excuse the typos, im in a hurry):hungry:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
This is a good story so far. Poor Wembley!
:coy: But wait, why did I say poor Wembly? He's in control of this situation...

But what was that last panicked post about?