Favorite Kermit Moments

Katzi428

Reaction score
Fave Kermit Moment

On Sesame Street, Kermit was explaining how hands work (this isn't the same as "There once was a hand" sketch) So Kermit was saying that hands can wave(the hand waves)
Kermit:And a hand can also point.
(the hand points at Kermit.)
Kermit:Well don't point at me,hand! That's rude!
(the hand makes a gesture like "Well excuse me!)
Kermit starts thinking of what else a hand can do and the hand pats Kermit on the head
Kermit:Oooohhh...a hand can pat!Isn't that nice!
(the hand pokes Kermit)
Kermit:OW! A hand can poke! That's not nice,hand!
(the hand scratches Kermit's back)
Kermit:Ahhh...a hand can scratch!Oh yeah...that feels great!
(hand tickles Kermit)
Kermit(laughing):Heehee..a hand can tickle! Don't tickle me hand! Don't tickle...
(hand starts fighting with Kermit)
Kermit:OOF! A hand can fight! Stop fighting hand or I'll bite you!ARRRUUMMMPPHH!
(Kermit takes a bite out of the hand & it goes limp)
Kermit:You give up?
(hand makes a motion like it's nodding)
Kermit:How about we make up?Shake hands! A hand can also shake hands.
(Kermit & the hand shake hands & the hand pulls Kermit out of the scene)
Wow...I'm surprised I remembered all that! :big_grin:
Kathy

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i believe i only saw this once durring the 80s. though it was probably from the 1st season. Kermit talking about thinhs that are round and this pink ball comes along probably voiced by Frank Oz. the ball talks about being round i think. then he began making wise crack such as my uncle was run over and became a football for the Green Bay Packers. and then his dad comes along and Kermit is scared and runs away. anyone remembers this?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think i ever mentioned this 1 here. there were only 2 of these made where he was a social worker or something. it starts out with a saxophone playing looking over SS and Kermit would say this is SS. i live here and i work here. I'm Kermit. 1 episode of this features bob playing a man named Mr. Benedict probably named after the actor who played the number painter. he forgot the name of a certain part of the body.witch was the nose. he also ended up forgetting a few other body part names. > the other 1 was with Luis also playng somebody else. he was wearing a mustashe sorry is i spelled that wrong, and came in the door laughing and i think did throughout this skit. anyone rememebr these?

Soul H

Reaction score
In case you're looking for the lost lyrics, it goes:

Whistle whistle little bird
Isn't eating crumbs absurd
Try a ham and cheese on rye
And a piece of cherry pie
And if those crumbs are all you want
Don't come in my restaurant

Hope this helps

CherryPizza said:
------

Twinkle Twinkle little bird
SOMETHING SOMETHING how absurd
Would you like some ham on rye
Or a piece of Cherry Pie
If those crumbs are all you want
Then don't come to my restaurant

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Traveling Matt said:
* I Wonder 'Bout the World, Above, Up there

* Kermit and the little girl singing the alphabet (with the girl constantly saying "Cookie Monster" instead of a letter.

* Kermit singing the African Alphabet song. "A is for alligator, B is for Bayou..." Does anyone remember this one? I've only seen it once.

- Billy :cool:
I've seen that one quite a few times. I especially like "X marks the spot where I love to hide."

Ziffel

Reaction score
Probably the most hilarious Kermit skit to me was that What Happens Next machine he invents. Especially loved the lines, "Now what do you want to bet the lid won't open" and , after the lid does open but the balloon won't release, "Hey listen balloon! You come out of there or I might not be responsible for what happens next!"
The funniest News Flash moment was probably in the Tortoise and the Hare when Kermit interviews the tortoise and asks him why everyone is saying he is too slow to win the race. The tortoise says, "I...don't...know............why...they...say...that..........I'm...............................................................................................................................................slow." (And I love how he only continued when Kermit would try to speak!).
Any time Kermit put his upper lip over his mouth was a riot, and all the more so when he would also say, "eeesh!" Remember the time he was with a little boy and his baby sister and he was asking the boy where various body parts of his sister were. Then he asks the boy where Kermit the Frog's ears are, the boy says , "I don't see any." Kermit does the overlapping lip thing and says, "Kermit the Frog doesn't have ears."
And Kermit getting angry and frustrated was always done so funny, just like with Bert. Like the aforementioned What Happens Next skit. And when he asked people on the street what it is that makes them angry and they all said they don't have time to answer the question. Kermit himself ended up getting angry (no, furious is more like it! )

maxdrive

Reaction score
I really liked this Skit kermit and herry and the x ray machine in the end kermit showing herry's muscles and to kermit's shock herry getting down to see them then when kermit goes to check ont he machine herry useing the machine on kermit.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
My favorite :smile: sketches...

*The Newsflash segments
*Kermit demonstrating heavy and light(w/ Grover)
*Kermit's appearance in the Hurricane episodes back in Season 32

Soul H

Reaction score
Wait a minute. How could Sully talk about the number 2 if he never talks?

MIKEB97 said:
* The 1970 version of Being Green
* The 1976 version with Lena Horne
* Kermit interviewing the 3 little pigs while the Count interrupts him
* A Song from Kermit
* Kermit interviewing Pinocchio
* Kermit, Grover, the Count and Sully talking about the number 2
* Kermit wandering around Sesame Street with Bill cosby
* Kermit reuniting with Fanny and Shola
* Kermit interviewing Cookie Monster in school
* Kermit, Snuffy and Big Bird sleeping in "Big Bird's ,Storytime
* Kermit making letters with his magic fingers
* Kermit interviewing Cinderella and Prince Charming
* Kermit interviewing Rapunzel

Does anyone here recall a skit where Oscar and his grouch pals drive a bus through Kermit's house?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I've seen the Ernie and Bert skit where Ernie does that sketch on the screen drawn with a blue line around Bert's face mentioned before at MC. But I just thought of one with Kermit. I can't remember for sure what sketches Kermit was drawing on the screen with a blue line but I think it might have been shapes like rectangles, squares, and triangles. What I do remember is Kermit saying things like, "Okay here we go. On your mark, get set, go." Then as he drew the line he made a sound like, "zzzzhhhh!". And after each new line he was very happy and satisfied, saying things like, "Beautiful!" and "How about that?!" This calls for his happy face here -----> :smile: