FanFic: The Search For Sadie

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
And yes... I was crying. And breathing took a concious effort on more than one occasion.
Trust me...She was having trouble breathing, I was talking to her on MSN and WHEW! This is the least amount of oxygen Lisa has used in one of our conversations ever!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And yes... We'd like some commentary, if you wanna do that sorta thing. Maybe next one can be about the dark secret Eli seemed to have on the Grosse family? Or how about... ah, I'm sure you'll find a good hook for your next story.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*standing ovation, wild applause*
That was a FANTASTIC ending! I loved the show, and Just One Person was PERFECT! I also loved Eleanor and Uncle Deadly singing together! Superb! I hope you'll come up with another idea Renee, your stories are just like poetry, they're amazing, they're powerful, I just can't praise you enough!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
((((((HUGS)))))) to all who read and commented on my story guys!!!

And, Ed. My mind is already churning again as to my next story. Thank you!!!

And Commentary will be 2 chapters at a time, so it dosn't absolutely overwhelm the loading of the forum pages.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Search for Sadie - Commentary

Renee: Hi everyone! And for our commentary on the story, The Search for Sadie, we have Scooter, his mother Sadie, and for our special guest, Richard Hunt!!

(I know he's dead guys....it just struck me as right. So please don't take it the wrong way!!!)

Scooter: Hey there.

Sadie: Hi!!

Richard: You picked me to do this with you?

Renee: Well...it's not like you have to talk much, you know.

Richard: Story looks nice anyways. ROLL FILM!!!

Swedish Chef: De flim is roooling!

-~-~-START FILM-~-~-

Chapter One
The woman paced in her small house, her glasses perched atop her head, she was rubbing her eyes. It was times like these that she wondered how her children were. She picked up her clipboard, and her bag, heading off to work. She really missed them so much. But, her brother forbade her to see them, so...she was stuck. Her black van pulled up to the news office, and she stepped out of the van. Her dress caught on the door, as it closed. She tugged, and she tugged somemore. Then, it ripped.

Sadie: Why does that always happen? Why did you have me doing that?

"Drat. That's the third dress I've ripped this week..." Her somewhat nasally voice caught the attention of a frog and a bear.

Scooter: I don't know.

Renee: You had to get their attention somehow..

-------------

"Kermit, why are we here again?" Fozzie held the stack of papers in his arms, glancing at the top of them.

"We're going to be promoting our new show, Fozzie! The Hensonville Observer asked me to bring along all of our publicity stuff. They couldn't decide over the phone." Kermit smiled, then he took a chunk of the papers from Fozzie, so it would be lighter.

Fozzie heard someone talking, between the cars. He leaned over and whispered, "Hey, Kermit. That sounds like Scooter."

Scooter: My mom does not sound like me.

Renee: Yeah, she's more Gomer Pyle. Bad speaking voice, wonderful singing voice!

Scooter: HEY! I sing great!!

Richard: Eh...so-so.

Scooter: What!?

Richard: I should know how you sing bub, and it's not that great..

Kermit frowned a bit. "It can't be. He's back at the theatre."

The two stopped, seeing a lady, instead of Scooter, they watched the lady, who was still struggling with her dress. Kermit handed the stack of papers back to Fozzie, and he hopped over to her. "Are you alright mam?"

"I guess I'll be fine, but my dress is caught in some....thing in this door." She pointed down to the now-open door, somehow the dress had gotten twisted into a knob that was inside the door frame itself. She was trying to get it out, because if she didn't she might be suddenly without her skirt.

Kermit reached inside the opening in the doorframe with his slender fingers, and within a moment, he got it undone for her.

"Thank you...?"

"I'm Kermit. Kermit the Frog."

Sadie: Why does he answer like that?

Richard: It's supposed to be the polite way to do it.

Sadie: Oh.

"Thank you, Kermit. I'm Sadie Grosse. I...I better get back to work. My boss'll have my head if I'm late!" She gathered up her clipboards, and supplies, along with a large stack of papers, and she made her way into the building.

Kermit paused for a second, thinking. Then he just shook it away. He suddenly heard Fozzie make a noise behind him.

"Keermiiit!!!" Fozzie was weaving around, trying to keep this huge stack of papers in his arms. Because many of it was pictures, and they would be ruined should they touch the ground. Kermit ran and then the two of them slowly made their way inside the Hensonville Observer's pressroom.

The observant frog looked around for the red-headed lady...but he didn't happen to see her. After that day, he forgot about her completely.

But...she didn't completely forget about him.

Chapter Two

As Sadie settled into her desk, looking over the layouts for the newspaper, while she was typing furiously at her laptop. She was trying to skim an article down to where it would fit.

"SADIE! I told you those muppets get that back page!!" Her boss walked into her tiny office. He was a tall human man, with a sharp black business suit on, dangling from his mouth was a lit cigarette. He leaned over Sadie's desk, and blew the smoke into her face. She saw the smoldering end of it about to fall off, and she shoved an old ashtray underneath his mouth.

Scooter: Why does he smoke so much?

Renee: I seen too many villains as portrayed with cigars, like in the old movies, or now with cigarettes in their mouth.

Scooter: My uncle smokes cigars.

Renee: I've never seen him light it, Scoot. It's just...there.

Scooter: Oh, yeah.

"Sir, could you please put that out? I don't really like it you know." Sadie said, timidly towards her boss.

He just laughed, and grabbed the ashtray from her hands. "Who signs your paychecks?"

"You do."

"Who made sure you got this job. After what had happened before??"

"You did." She looked down towards her laptop, typing once more, only a bit slower this time.

"And who protected your children, Ms. Grosse?"

Sadie: *glares at Renee*

Renee: It's a plot device, I'm sorry!!

At this remark, Sadie said nothing. Her head stayed bowed in front of her laptop, her glasses glinting from the soft light. Her voice was soft, not wanting to anger her boss. "You never did what you said you would, Mr. Takashi."

He frowned, looking at the small woman at her desk. She was pitiful in his eyes. A lowly office lady, no better then to get coffee and lunch. The only reason she helped with the layout, is because everyone had to do something to contribute to the paper. He was silent, when she looked at him square in the eyes.

Richard: 'Office Lady'?

Renee: Well, it's actually a Japanese term, I figured 'Mr. Takashi', he's somewhat Japanese, he'd think of that term.

"You had them seperated."

"I did what I could Sadie. If it wasn't for my sister, your little girl would probably be a ragabond, you know."

"They are TWINS, not brother and sister, Mr. Takashi!!" She stood up, her hands gripping the desk now, she was getting more and more angry by the second. "They have a bond, that no one should remove!!! They probably don't even know the other one exists!!"

All Takashi did was reach forward, and gently stroke her chin with his hand. She felt like biting him, she was so angry. He laughed and started to walk outside towards the main room. He turned back around, a cruel laugh escaped his lips.

"When you can make it, could you go get fresh coffee for everyone? I think they'd like it very much, Ms. Grosse."

Sadie stood there, watching him make his way back to his office. She fumed silently, her mind churning. Then she realized...he does have her under his thumb, and she knew no way how to get out from it.

Scooter: You're a wuss, Mom.

Sadie: Scooter!!

So, she grabbed her pocketbook, and her coat, leaving the office...to go get everyone coffee.

-------------

"I can't believe we're doing this, Kermie...." Piggy groaned as the coffee machine started sputtering for the third time this morning. Her beautiful blue dress was soaked in coffee, she had to change her gloves twice.

Scooter: Piggy really hated that scene....we had to re-take nearly 5 times...*laughs a bit, watching Piggy get soaked in coffee*

Richard: I hope that coffee was cold, Renee.

Renee: Oh it was. I made sure it was.

"It's for a good cause, Piggy. Just make sure you don't burn yourself, okay? That's pretty hot coffee over there." Kermit looked over his shoulder smiling at Miss Piggy. She sighed, she did not want to be there, she hates having to really cook and clean.

A few of the Muppets had gathered at Jim's Coffee Shoppe, they were doing something of a fundraiser to help out the children's afterschool place in Hensonville. Fozzie, and Kermit, they loved doing this stuff. Piggy, on the other hand.....wasn't too thrilled. But she gritted her teeth, as she handed another patron a fresh cup of coffee.

"And that will be $1.50, madam. Please pay Scooter, over there at the register." Piggy smiled, rather forced. She then pointed to

Scooter, who was running the cash register, with a lot of people waiting in line. He was fumbling with a recipt just then. Fozzie came walking out from the back, carrying a large tray of cookies, and other sweet treats to place in the display.

Scooter: Why would I fumble around with a recipt?

Renee: Cause when I ran cash register at my local Starbuck's, I kept losing the recipts myself.

"Fresh cookies, everyone!! They are only a dollar....I think." Fozzie yelled out happily, to the packed coffee shop. So many people had turned out in there, they were even spilled out onto the street. The cold winter day pulled them in as well.

Fresh coffee, sweet delights, and the Muppets working for a good cause? Who wouldn't come for all that!?

Richard: I definately would! And..all that food is making me hungry. I'm gonna go get something. *stands up, leaving the small theater, to get some snacks*

-----------

Sadie pulled up in front of Jim's Coffee Shoppe, and her eyes widened. "Wow, there's usually not that many people here.

Maybe Jim's finally made some new desserts or something...." She tugged her coat closer to her, to keep the whipping icy winds away. She trudged inside the shop, looking for the owner.

Jim came walking out from the back, he spoke to Kermit, while holding a large piece of paper in his hand. "I'm really glad you came to help me today, Kermit. We've raised enough money for the afterschool activites just this morning!!" Jim smiled at him, happy.

"Oh, good. That's great, Jim! I'm glad we could help you out! We'll stay for the rest of the morning though, till the crowd dies down." Kermit poured a cup of hot chocolate for a little boy, who ran off laughing happily towards his mother. "The kids enjoy that we're here too."

As the red-head walked into Jim's shop, she looked for him. Then she spied him over the crowds. The tall, brown haired man, with his hair tied back, a short beard. Jim saw her, and he smiled.

"Ms. Sadie! Come for the morning round of coffee I see! The usual amount I take it?" Jim replied happily to Sadie, as she made her way through the crowds.

She sighed, looking around at the new crew he apperently had. "Uh, sure, Jim. That'll be fine. Just charge it to Mr. Takashi's account would you?"

Sadie: Yes, charge it all to him. That back-stabbing---

Scooter: Mom!

Jim's eyes sparkled a little bit, as he tallyed up the amount on a small slip of paper. "I take it he's been a little rough this morning?"

"A little rough? He chewed me out over my...." She exclaimed, loudly, getting a bit frustrated now towards Takashi.

He looked up at her, raising an eyebrow towards her. "Over your what?" He thought he might not have heard her over the din of the crowd.

"...My work. He said the newspaper looked like absolute crap when he looked at it...I really need to get going Jim..." She frowned a bit, then thanked Jim for the coffee.

Sadie walked outside with Scooter, who was starting to load the dry coffee into the back of her car.

"This is a lot of coffee, isn't it mam?" Scooter asked her, while he got the last of the small bags inside her car.

"Yeah, it's for the entire newsroom. They always tell me to do everything in there." She smiled at Scooter, she seemed to remember him, but she kept her mouth shut for the most part.

Scooter laughed a little bit, "Yeah. I don't normally work here, but down at the theatre. I'm the resident go-fer." He gently shut the trunk, and leaned against it for a second. Then he pulled out a ticket from his pocket. He handed it to her.

"It's for our next show! Why don't you come, it'll be great! Oh, and my names Scooter, by the way! Glad to meet you, Mam!"

With that, he walked back towards Jim's Coffee Shoppe. Sadie stared at Scooter, something deep in her mind clicked together just then, She then looked at the ticket in her hands. Turning it over, she looked at the back. Nothing too weird...but, something caught her eye.

Sadie: He's my son. My flesh and blood...and I didn't recoginze him!?

Renee: PLOT DEVICE HOLE. Moving ON!

The Muppets/The Muppet Show care of Kermit T. Frog.
Theatre owned and operated by J.P. Grosse.

"J.P.?! He owns that...theatre...?"

Sadie: Big whoop. Like that is supposed to suprise me?

Renee: Yes, it was. You did that scene wonderfully, Sadie.

Sadie: Thanks.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score

Chapter Three

She got back to work, and started the coffee machines with the freshly-ground coffee she got from Jim. Her co-workers starting piling into the small break room. They shoved her outside actually, just to get to the coffee. Many were Muppets, and some were humans. She moaned softly as someone accidently jabbed into her chest, just to get through.

Sadie: 'Moaned softly'? I would have yelled.

Renee: I guess you were trampled, that was all you could do.

"They're like animals when it comes to that coffee, huh Sadie?" A fellow co-worker replied to her, as she helped her up.

"Ugh. Thanks, Lisa. They are. It's like it's their blood or something..." She brushed her shirt a bit, noticing in the trampling she had a footprint on it.

Sadie: Lisa? My co-worker's name was Sara.

Renee: I couldn't self-insert someone who's name was same as mine, Sadie.

Sadie: Oh.

Renee: So, TogetherAgain graciously allowed me to use her real name as the co-workers.

Sadie: That was sweet of her!

Renee: She really liked the cameo too!

"Me, I don't drink coffee. I prefer water...or maybe soda. But yeah...they are absolutely nuts when it comes to that coffee." Lisa watched the workers file out of the room, and to their respective cubicles. "I'm just glad I don't drink the stuff. I'd be in that mob as well."

Sadie frowned, then started to walk back to her office. Lisa followed, with a few papers in her hand. "You said you needed to get the Muppets more space in the paper?" Lisa stated.

"Yeah. They've got a nice winter show coming up, and Kermit had asked Mr. Takashi for more room. But Takashi said if we could squeeze it in, they'd get it. Otherwise..."

With that Sadie lifted up the pre-print layout of the backpage. A small section, maybe 1/3 of the page, was an ad for the Muppets.

Scooter: That's really small...

"Oh dear. That's not all that much...and it's on the back page too!! I can't believe Takashi would do that to them!!" Lisa sat on a chair, in front of Sadie's desk, then she saw the brightly colored ticket on her desk.

"Oh! When were you able to get it? It's not even being sold just yet!"

"Oh, some kid named Scooter gave me it, when I was down at Jim's shop." She smiled, remembering the young boy. "He was so sweet, he helped me get the coffee into the car."

Scooter: I am very sweet, thank you, thank you.

Renee: *Jabs him in his chest.* Quit being a showoff. XD

"Scooter? That name's familiar." Lisa turned the ticket over, and she saw the back. "Hey!! That's your brother! He owns the Muppet Theatre?"

"I guess so. I've not talked to him in so long." She glances at an old picture on her desk. It was something of a family picture.

Her brother was beside her, and she held her twins in her arms. But...in that picture they both had pale blond hair, as most babies did when they were only a day or so old. That boy...he couldn't be her son.

Lisa looked at Sadie, who apperently wasn't there right then.

"Sadie?? Yoo-hoo?? Earth to Sadie, please come in!" Lisa tapped on the desk, pulling Sadie out of her thoughts and into the real world.

"Oh! Sorry..."

"Thinking about the kids again, huh?"

"Yeah. I miss them so much, whenever I try to ask Jerry about it, he just brushes it off, saying the're fine..."

"Hun. He'd say that even if they were dead."

"You think so?"

"He's such a odd man. He's never spoken about what he does for a living, never even lets you get near himself, familywise. He's so secretive."

Sadie was quiet, watching her friend speak such things about her brother. Looking back at the picture, Sadie sighed.

"I just wish he'd tell me something about them."

Lisa frowned, looking at the picture as well. "Did you even have the chance to give them names yet?"

"No. Ms. Nancy Takashi, Mr. Takashi's sister, she took care of them for me. I never was able to see them. I guess...she named them as well.."

"So she was their nanny then? Did you ever talk to her?"

"Sometimes...but only maybe once or twice a year. Because of Jerry, he wouldn't really let me talk to her. I sneaked those few calls in whenever I could. I never asked specifically about them, just 'Were they okay?' , 'Did they do this, or do that?' Those kinds of questions. She only called me once back."

Sadie: Jerry was sure oppressive.

"And...why was that?"

"To tell me they had gotten adopted....seperately."

Lisa's expression dropped, she had been Sadie's friend for nearly 15 years now. She knew what had happened, but even then, her friend hadn't told her this much before.

"Oh...no. That's horrible, Sadie!"

Heavy footsteps thudded down the hall right then. They could smell cigarette smoke wafting down towards the room. Lisa stood up, and started to walk out the room. She turned back to Sadie, a small frown on her face.

Richard: *Back from the snack bar, popcorn tubs in his hand.* What did I miss?

Renee: A lot. I'll tell you later.

"Maybe you should call that nanny again. She might be able to help you."

Sadie only nodded, as Lisa left before Takashi could get down the hall to her room.

He stopped, looking inside for a moment. He saw she was typing once more, working. He nodded silently, continuing down the hall.

Then, after he left, she decided to give someone a call.

Chapter Four

Nancy was watching something on the TV, when she heard the phone rang. Her thoughts drifted away from the show, as she walked down the hall.

'I wonder who would be calling me? Maybe it's one of the kids...' She picked up the phone gently.

Richard: You cut those shots too high, Renee.

Renee: Huh?

Richard: You can't see her head!

Renee: You're not supposed to see her head!

"Hello? This is Nancy, and who might this be?"

"Um...hello Nancy. How are you doing lately? It's, me, Sadie Grosse."

"Oh, Sadie. A pleasure to talk to you, after all this time. How are you doing, sweetheart?"

"I'm...fine. I guess." Sadie looked down at her desk. Her laptop was almost the only light filling that small room of her's. It felt like the world didn't exist to her outside that area.

"You sound worried. What's the matter?"

Sadie was quiet for a moment, she smiled inside. Despite she had saddled this woman with her twins...she still regarded her with graciousness. She felt she didnt' deserve it from such a nice, strong-willed lady.

'It's the kids. Do you have any idea how they're doing? Jerry won't tell me a blessed thing about them just yet."

"I see. I've not talked to them in sometime. ...I never got the chance to tell you their names, have I?"

Sadie laughed softly. "I never wanted to bother you with it. Plus....I'm not sure if I should know. They took them away from me you know..."

"Dear. It was only because you were so young...it was to protect them."

Sadie's breath stopped dead cold. Her thoughts raced feverishly. She took off her thick black glasses, and rubbed her forehead momentarily. She had to try very hard, not to yell into the phone.

"Protect them? From what? I'm their mother!! I....I made a mistake. We both know that. And I paid for it for giving them up..."

"You did not make a mistake, Sadie."

"...What do you call getting pregnant with twins when you're only sixteen years old!?! Having a kid, when you're almost a kid yourself!!!"

Sadie: *glares at Renee, then beats her over the head with the popcorn tub.* I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PUT THAT IN THERE!!

Renee: Ah! It's a bio-pic! A bio-pic!!! Quit hittin' me!

By this time, she was yelling. She couldn't stop herself, the flood gates had opened in her heart, and her mouth was saying what her heart felt. Her mind was shut down from all rational thought at that time.

"I NEARLY LOST MY SON!! Then...THEN I HAD TOO....oh, god, Nancy....WHY? Why did they take them away from me!?!?

And why dosn't Jerry tell me anything!? WHY!?"

Nancy was silent, listening to Sadie rant about her children. She knew the heartache she had, she too had lost a child, but...she knew where her child was, and that is why she didn't yell back at her. She nodded her head, still quiet.

"...why won't you say anything...?"

"Maybe we should see each other, Sadie. I could clear up so many things, but I'd rather speak to you in person, dear."

"Sure, Nancy. ...but like I had asked...before I just blew up like that...do you know how they are?"

Nancy thought for a moment, then she smiled. Sadie could almost hear that smile in her voice. "Your son is doing fine, and your little girl, she's away at some competition, she calls regularly here. But...the little boy, he's not called in quite sometime. But I know he's safe, Sadie."

"Please, tell me their names."

"I hate to say this, but not just yet. I'll come to your office in a day or so. I'll bring photoalbums and other things, okay?"

Sadie nodded, feeling a slight warmth in her chest. She was getting happy, she felt hope again.

"Sure, Nancy. I'll still be here. Bring all you can. We'll talk then, I take it?"

"Yes. We'll talk then, Sadie. It'll be great to see you once more."

"Alright. See you in a couple of days, then Nancy."

Nancy said her goodbyes, hanging up the phone. She walked up to attic, and pulled down a small box, labeled 'Scooter & Skeeter', she shifted the boxes around. That was the last box still up there, with memories still inside. She looked inside, to make sure everything was there.

Scooter: Those boxes...

"Good. I'm glad that they'll be happy again."

She stepped down the small ladder slowly, the box underneath her arm. She took one last look in that dusty, old attic. The other's were gone.

"Kermit's went to his mother at the swamp....Fozzie's mother has his as well. Hortense has Piggy's. Bunsen and Beaker got theirs awhile back."

She continues walking down the hall, talking softly to herself, remembering those times. When they had come back to claim their old baby belongings. She stopped in front of the old nursery, and she smiled.

"Rowlf sent his box to his brother. I hope his mother got it safely. The band came and got Animals for him. He probably ate hat little was left in there." She chuckled, remembering Animal's appetite.

"Suprised there was anything left." She touched Kermit's old rocking horse, and she sighed. She walked over and closed the top to Rowlf's piano. "I should send that to Rowlf. He'd like to see it again."

"And finally...Scooter and Skeeter..." She held the small box in front of her. She sat in the old stuffed chair once more, she gently lifted out Scooter's small computer.

She idly tapped a few keys, and the screen came on. "Oh? What's this..." There was actually words on the screen. She was somewhat suprised at that, she didn't know he knew how to type just yet.

Scooter: Yeah, that thing is so old. I'm suprised it would have turned on, Renee.

Renee: Plot device, moving on...

"What does this say? Oh..."

'Dear Mommy,

I miss you. Please, come see me and sis. Where are you? Nanny says you're working.
I wish you'd come see us. We miss you. My glasses broke to other day. Skeeter stomped them.
Shes mean sometimes. She teases me. She still loves me, but I am her bro. So, she fights me.

We really miss you mommy. Please come back.

Luv, Scooter.

Nancy's had tears in her eyes, after she read it. "Even then...he missed her. Jerry had told me, they wouldn't remember her...."

She closed the laptop, then she glanced at Skeeter's gym mat, and their shoes. She saw Scooters old striped shirt, and Skeeters green one.

Closing her eyes, a few tears slid down her cheeks. She felt horrible for what she did. It tore her heart apart.

"I could have brought them to her....no one would have known...." She whispered to the empty room, tears choking her old voice.

The only response was the old baby mobile, which was turning slowly above the vacant crib...

Richard: Good descriptiveness....makes you feel like your in that room. Wait...you said we weren't going to see her head. Yet you can see the tears sliding down her cheeks...

Renee: I decided while writing this story, I would show parts of face. But never the whole thing at once. Also, I would never describe her eyes. Plus. You only end up seeing her cheeks here, and later on, you see her hair, and that's it.

Richard: Wow. That's great.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score

Chapter Five

Takashi was sitting in his office, fuming. He glared at the muppet across from him. His hands were clasped together on his desk, a lit cigarette in his clamped mouth. An ashtray full of cigarette stubs and ash sat beside his laptop.

Sadie: Again with the cigarettes....

"....You can't let her see them."

The muppet squirmed a bit, he was wondering what Takashi could do. He stayed silent.

"Grosse? What do you say to that? Answer ME!" With that, he slammed both fists on the desk, sending the ashtray flying. It landed on Jerry's head. He shook it off, covered in the cigarette stench now.

"...I'll send Scooter away again."

Scooter: Man, my uncle is evil!! Wait...when did he send me away the first time?

Renee: Oh crap. I never even thought of that first time I wrote it out.

"He's almost 20 now. He'll object. He'll stay with his friends."

"I'll convice Kermit to send him away, then!! That boy listens to that frog unquestioningly."

Scooter: Uh...no I don't.

"That frog has a stronger will then that nephew of yours. How will do you this, Grosse?"

Jerry sat in the chair, slowly wiping the ashes away from himself, his mind racking wildly at what he could do.

"Why must we keep them apart, Eli?" He didn't want it either, but it confused him still.

"Money." Eli Takashi said simply.

"Money? What about it??" Jerry was not a nice man, but Eli...he was positively the most evil, and cruel man he had ever met in his life.

He put Doc Hopper to shame, he thought.

Richard: How would this 'Eli' guy know anything about Doc Hopper!?

Renee: I'll expound on it in the next story/script, "Smoky Revenge"

Richard: 'Smoky Revenge'? That's a stupid title.

Renee: HEY! It's the only thing I could think of off the top of my head, it may change, you know!!

"They'll find out, Jerry. They could sue us."

"I don't think Sadie would go that far..." Jerry's mouth was shut tightly by Eli's hand suddenly. Eli walked around behind Jerry, he placed a heavy hand on J.P.'s shoulder.

"Jerry, my dear friend. Who gave you a loan, for that crummy theatre?"

Jerry sighed, he knew he still had to pay Takashi back. "You did, Eli. But what does Scooter and Sadie play in this??"

"That boy....he can't know the truth."

"But why, Eli!? It won't kill him!! He's been through hard times, this is nothing to what that boys' been through!!!" Jerry remembered when the twins were born.

Takashi suddenly wasn't speaking about money anymore. It struck Grosse to his very soul, when he realized just what Takashi was speaking of...

"He dosn't remember, Jerry. It would kill the poor boy's heart, if he knew what his mother had done..." He took a softer tone to his voice, it sounded like he was almost pleading with him now.

"Sadie did nothing to harm him."

He grabbed a chair, and he sat down beside J.P. He had both hands on his thighs now, leaning in towards him. As he smiled, Jerry could feel himself getting nervous.

"But...she did do something to him. Ever wonder why the poor boy was so...sickly, when he was a child?"

Jerry stood up, going towards the door. He didn't wish to talk anymore to Takashi.

"Jerry, he must know." Takashi stayed seated, while Jerry left the room. Takashi smiled evilly, he knew what Jerry knew, but wouldn't speak about.

"That boy will be joining an old friend of mine soon, if he dosn't watch out."

Takashi stood up out the chair, and he looked at an old picture on his desk. It was of him and an couple of old friends.

"...Richard....the poor man..."

He picked up the old picture, smiling at it, Then he threw it into the trash, laughing softly as he started to type up a review for the paper, wondering just what Jerry was going to go and do.

Richard: .....

Renee: Well....I'm just gonna let the audience get that one. *nods head softly*

Chapter Six

Everyone piled into the theatre, after the long, hard day helping Jim at the coffee shop. Piggy went straight to her dressing room, she was quite a sight.

"Did you serve the coffee, or take a bath in it, Piggy?" Clifford remarked, seeing the usually beautiful pig so bedraggled. She had coffee grounds in her hair, and a straw was sticking out of it. Her gloves were stained with dark coffee, and her dress and apron was soaking wet.

Sadie: She looks absolutely horrible!!! *laughing, watching Piggy so messy*

"Humph!" She snorted, walking towards her dressing room. "They made me make the coffee all DAY!"

Kermit, Fozzie and Scooter walked in behind Piggy. Fozzie went ahead up to the front seats, just to sit and read his joke book quietly, he was a little tired. Kermit went and sat on the stage, waiting for everyone else to settle down.

"Okay, we got some great publicity with the fundraising drive today!" Kermit announced happily to all the muppets, that would listen.

"How much did we make, Kermit?" Rizzo asked, munching on an apple.

"Well, we didn't make anything, actually. I said we got publicity, not money."

Scooter: We never seem to do that...

"Oh." Rizzo went back to eating the apple, talking with Gonzo about the latest postcard he got from his family.

Kermit said a few more things, about the Winter show, and who was going to do what. Scooter, didn't really seem to be listening. He walked back to Kermit's desk, and found his clipboard. He sat down, and flipped through it.

"We've got insurance, water, heating bills to pay. Ooh, we need to go ahead and get the light bill paid. Oh..yeah." He stood up and poked his head outside the backstage.

"Clifford!! You get that light fixed just yet!?"

Clifford stood up, so Scooter could hear him clearly. "Naw, man! It just keeps breaking!! I'm tired of fixing that danged light!!"

Renee: I love the 'Clifford fighting over one broken light' thing. It's a classic now.

Scooter sighed. "We'll get someone out here then to look at it."

Kermit looked back at Scooter. "We can't afford that, Scooter. That's only half of the bills in your clipboard!!"

Scooter's eyes widened, looking at what was in his hands, then he groaned, sitting back down. "Alright, Boss! I guess we'll have to make do then.."

Clifford went back up the ladder, to check on that light again. While Piggy, Kermit, and the most of the rest went home.

Except for Scooter. He was double checking the paperwork, filing everything back approiately. He made sure Chef cleaned up the cafeteria, which he was prone not to do. Within the hour, it was only him and Clifford still inside the theatre.

Scooter: That's not some big revelation, Renee. I'm usually one of the last to leave...

Clifford walked back towards the right wing, into the backstage area. He saw Scooter asleep in the records room. His computer was on, and the boy was snoring. He walked over to Scooter, and shook his shoulder.

"Come on man, it's nearly 11pm. We both need to get home."

Scooter opened his eyes, looking over at Clifford, he laughed softly. "Yeah. I guess I got to wrapped in what I was doing."

"Uh-huh. Oh, I finally got that stupid light to work."

"That's great! Let's see it before we leave."

"Alright." Clifford walked over to the light panel, and he switched it on. The light shone brightly against the otherwise dark stage. It stayed on....for a moment. Then a loud pop was heard, darkness filled the stage.

In the darkness, Scooter could see Clifford dancing around in anger. He was furious at what just happened.

"AW MAN! That light ain't NEVER gonna work!!"

Richard: Classic moment.

Scooter laughed, as he picked up his jacket, starting for the door. "Better luck next time, eh, Cliffy?

"Man, I told you not to call me that."

"Well, then. Don't call me 'Scoot'."

"But that's your name."

"Scoot-er is my name. Not 'Scoot.' Alright?"

"Alright. Whatever man. Let's just get back to the house."

As Scooter walked towards the door, Clifford had noticed something, while they talked. Scooter was looking a bit pale, and more tired then usual. He shook it off, figuring maybe he was just was in front of that computer too much lately.

Scooter: ...I shudder to think of what you're going to put me through.

Renee: You'll see. Oh, you'll see.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished reading through the story chapters with commentary... Was reading here at the campus for my class.

Are the questions about the grudge between Eli and the Grosse family the focus of Demon's Delight? Rully hope so, you've got something interesting going on here, and we'd like to know more.
Oh, and is Nanny's lost child addressed in the new story also? Just asking, cause you know we like our stories resolved.

And one last thing... If Gonzo never got adopted, just meandering out into the world and becoming the Prince of Plumbing... Who picked up his baby box? You said the dusty attic was empty now, but where's Gonzo baby box? Did he, Camilla, or maybe Rizzo pick it up?
Gonna go over and read what you've got of Demon's Delight.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh...wow.

I'm just already speechless to some extent. You guys observe such detail! And that's a GREAT thing!!!

Grudge: It will be part of the focus, yes.

Nanny's Child: Possibly. But in later chapters.

Gonzo's box: Not totally sure, to tell the truth. But I'll figure out a way to address it. :big_grin: