FanFic: Demon's Delight

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Prologue

The smoky small room was tight. He looked at the desk in front of him. Fiddling with a cigarette in his hands.

Papers. And even more papers.

He wondered if he was ever going to get out of this heck known as paperwork.

No light. Darkness surrounded him. Except for two small candles, which were barely flickering to begin with. He shuffled through the papers. Then, he came across a certain file.

"The Muppets....hmmmm...." He mused to himself.

He set the file down, and stepped over to a small filing cabinet across the tiny room. He opened it up, and flitted through the papers, when he found one small single green file folder. He smiled, his fangs glinting in that soft light. He red eyes lit up, and he started to chuckle to himself.

"If...I cannot get that boy....." He smiled to himself, his eyes narrowing slightly. "I'll get him."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

"Wow Uncle Kermit! The theatre was packed last night, wasn't it?" Robin asked his Uncle, as they walked along the street, going towards the theater.

"Yeah. We must've gotten three encores, Chief!" Scooter was right beside the two, one hand on his chair's wheel, another holding his clipboard. "We still need to get these bills paid, too."

"Sheesh." The frog replied, scrunching up his face. "I was hoping the rest of this holiday would be rather quiet.."

---------

The older frog dug his hands into the pockets of his jacket, and trudged on through the slushy snow covering the streets of Hensonville.

It was 2 weeks after the Winter Splendor Show had ended, they didn't have to worry about money, most of them thought momentarily. The three nights of shows were packed. If it wern't for the fire limitations, they would have had to sell 'Standing Room Only' tickets even. Life was almost back to normal now. Sadie and Skeeter, they stayed at the Muppet Boarding house now, Sadie helped Swedish Chef with the cooking, and she ended up doing a good bit of the cleaning. She enjoyed it.

Scooter was still in that wheelchair. His stitches had kept reopening, so, another month or two, the doctor's had said. But, he didn't mind at all. It didn't bother him. At least this time, he thought, he could run over anyone who bugged him.

"Yo! Kerm!!" Clifford shouted out the doors of the theatre, as he saw them coming closer to it. He looked extremely worried.

Kermit started running towards the doors, Scooter grabbed Robin, and they went speeding off to the theatre, right behind Kermit.

"Clifford! What's wrong!?" Kermit walked inside, and backed up. He put a hand up, so Scooter wouldn't come inside.

"What's wrong Boss?" Scooter tried desperately to look over Kermit's shoulder, but he was blocking him completely.

--------------

"...t-the theatre..." Kermit mumbled, walking farther inside. The seats looked like they had been in a fire, yet the floor was untouched. The stage's wood flooring was split, and cracked, many of the boards missing. The wallpaper, in some spots was shredded. It looked like claw marks of an animal had gone into there.

Scooter followed inside, astonished at what had happened. Robin said nothing from Scooter's lap, but just hugged the gofer tightly.

The theatre was pratically demolished, the walls were whole, yet it was destroyed.

"Where's Uncle Deadly? Auntie Eleanor? They stay here....they should have seen who had done it!" Kermit fumed to Clifford, while looking upwards at the ceiling.

The two old ghouls jumped down from the rafters, and they looked not to well for wear. Eleanor's dress was shredded more then normal, she held a pair of glasses in her hands.. And Deadly had a claw mark on his face, and arms.

Kermit looked at the two of them. Then at the theatre behind them for a moment.

"What happened to you?"

"We fought the hellion that had come inside our theatre, frog." Deadly said with a snarl.

"I got the little bugger's glasses, so he probably can't see very well right about now!" Eleanor smiled, holding them out to Kermit. He took them from her.

Deadly scoffed. "We never got a good look at the fellow, unfortunately. It was so dark last night, and...it seemed to be of the darkness itself."

Kermit clenched the glasses in his hand, looking down at them.

"I think I know who did this, guys."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

It was a few hours later now. Kermit had called everybody down to the theatre, it was an emergency he had said.

"...We need to find out who exactly did this, guys. We need to look for some clues." Kermit stated to them.

"Like, why don't we just get the police out here?" Janice said, leaning against Floyd, looking quite bored now.

"For all I know, Janice, the police might not help us."

"But it's a start, Kermit. We've gotta start somewhere, you know." Scooter piped up. Everyone nodded to what he said, except for Sadie. She was looking at the partically burnt seats that they were sitting in as they spoke.

'This isn't normal fire....I've seen this somewhere before.' She fingered the crusted old material, which used to be red. It crumbled into dust in her fingers.

"Hey...Mom. Is something the matter?" Skeeter saw her mom staring at the seat in front of her, crumbling off the seat cover, and watching it fall to the floor. The entire floor was covered in dust and burnt scraps of the seats.

"...Eli.." She said, rather simply, still staring at that same old seat. Skeeter's expression turned from concern to anger. She stood up, and started walking back to the dressing rooms, suddenly.

Scooter started to follow her. He didn't say a word, until Skeeter had stopped in front of the records room, and was starting to pull out her cell phone.

"Hey, sis? What are you doing? It's the middle of...." Scooter stopped, realizing he didn't know what they called it, when Kermit talked to everyone. Normally it was a 'pep talk' but....well, they weren't really talking, and it certainly wasn't 'peppy'.

"I'm calling Uncle Grosse." She dialed a few numbers in her phone, and waited for him to pick up.

"But...why? I think Kermit had said he wouldn't tell him what had happened here, we'd clean it up ourselves, all of us.." Scooter replied. Skeeter didn't get any answer on her phone, and she stared at the wall. A rather grotesue picture of a bleeding heart was drawn on one of the dressing room doors.

"Skeeter??"

She turned on her brother, pushing his wheelchair up against the wall. She gripped onto his shoulders tightly, staring at his face.

"He's come back for someone, Scooter."

"WHO?! Who's come back!?"

"It's that darned demon, Scooter. Eli...he's trying to taunt us."

Scooter wasn't sure what to say, but he pushed himself away from his sister, and towards the stage. He made a motion for Kermit to follow him.

--------------

"They did this as well?" Kermit said quite somberly, looking at the graffti on the walls of the dressing rooms. But, instead of slanderous remarks in spray paint...it was pictures of various muppets, being killed and tortured, it was done in what looked like blood too.

"Yeah. My sister, she thinks it's Eli's doing. He might be trying to scare us again, Kermit."

Kermit looked back at Scooter, and leaned a hand against the handle of his chair, and he frowned. He glanced at the drawings again. If it weren't for them...being maimed, Kermit would have thought those were nice pictures. Beautiful illustrations of the most horrible ways to die, Kermit thought. He then cringed when his eyes fell upon one of those drawings.

It was his nephew Robin. Two hands, clawed and black held the little frog around his throat, underneath what looked like water, perhaps. Bubbles rising from his mouth.

He looked back at Scooter, and the two left the room, closing the door behind them.

Kermit wasn't going to let Eli get away with this.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A continuation! This is good stuff already Renee! I'm looking forward to more, but I gotta run, I'm sure I'll have plenty to read when I come back later tonight!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks! It's more slow, as I'm taking smaller steps with this story now.

<<

>>

Whatever. I'm just setting myself up to be doing this story within....what? Let's see here???

*a floating hand sets down $100 on a table* I bet a hundred bucks she finishes the story by Saturday!

...Okay. XD Yeah, the floating hand is probably right. But, who knows?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

Eli sat on the roof of the theatre, smirking. His threat worked. The two old ghouls were going to keep their mouths shut....

"One wrong move, boy. And we'll tell all." Deadly remarked from behind Eli.

Eli's eyes widened, and he looked behind him, nobody was there. Eleanor popped up in front of him quickly.

"You'd best watch your step, Takashi. We live in this theatre. Should you destroy it, or our friends, the muppets....we shall destroy YOU!"

Before Eli could turn back around, both of them were gone.

"...huh...just...hearing things....that's it..." He stood up, and stared out over the buildings. His coat flying behind him, like some kind of a cape it seemed. A thin trail of smoke coming around his face. He looked around him....

"This demon is staying right here.....Do you hear me Hensonville?"

"THIS DEMON IS STAYING!!!"

With that, he flew off from the building, landing on the ground, running towards the boarding house.

'Time to reek some havoc here tooo...' He thought, a vicious smile crossing his features.

-----------

Everyone heard that yell rip through the theatre. Skeeter wanted to run up there, and beat Eli to a pulp. She recoginized that voice again. She wanted to kill him. Sadie held her back, she didn't want to lose Skeeter. They had to find out someway to get some help on their side.

Sadie stood up, and walked over to where she saw Uncle Deadly, and Eleanor.

"May I talk to you two for a few moments?" She asked them, softly.

Eleanor smiled at Sadie. "Certainly dear."

Deadly mumbled something, and Eleanor jabbed him in his chest. "Hush, you old fool! We'll talk to her, alright?"

"Right, sure..."

"Thanks, can either of you...get ahold of Death?" She searched both of their faces, hoping they could help her.

Uncle Deadly's eyes widened, looking at her. "Are you mad, woman? Calling upon Death is something you would never want to do! Unless it was of the utmost emergency of course."

Sadie nodded. "We think Eli...his son, may be trying to hurt us."

"You don't know of him?" Eleanor frowned a bit. "Perhaps you should tell her about him, honey."

Deadly sighed softly, settling down into one the seats. "Eli....he's Death's Angel, Sadie. He is the one who takes the souls, once the mortal body leaves the coil of this planet. For you see, the mortal body that breathes and lives, is different from the soul of that person. He strives on the souls of others. It is his lifeforce."

Sadie frowned. "I hate to sound like this, but I wish he'd go get someone else's soul then!"

"Has your family ever crossed him, dear?" Eleanor volunteered this thought, wondering.

"My brother....oh....no..." Sadie gasped, staring off towards the dressing rooms.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Whoa!! Another continuation Renee!! Awesome so far!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!! I love it!! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Sorry I've taken my time in getting here and reading this Renee, but another vonderful start.

Oh yes, to that floating hand of yours... I'll see your $100 finish by Saturday and raise you to a finish by Friday.

Now then... References...
1 The beautiful depictions of horrible ways to die... At least this time there wasn't any slander or spray paint.
From Summer in the Theater again?
2 Eli shouting to the night sky: I'm staying Hensonville! You hear that? This demon is staying!
Kermit from TMTM after everybody leaves?

3 So Eli's Death's Angel? You know, that kinda fits. Cause when you told us about the difference between him and Nancy, I thought...
This demon likes death on a grand chaotic scale... Makes him the Emissary of Death, as one of the apocalyptic foursome.

The imagery when Eli lept off the theater's roof was quite well-done...
And Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor haunting him... Good, make sure you watch him closely you two.
More story please?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Death's angel...ooh...dark...but I like it! Another great chapter, I can tell this story will be another edge of your seat, teddy bear holding, nail bitter, but it is still enjoyable to read.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

He saw the two old men sitting on the porch.

'Easy fodder for me.' He pondered about getting them, but then, he remembered that bear before. 'Too easy.'

He shook his head, walking into the house. He looked around a little bit, then saw the family photos on the glass-fronted cabinet. He stopped when he saw the picture of Robin and Kermit.

'Such a strong man, that frog is. And such a cute nephew as well.' He narrowed his eyes, looking at those pictures.

Beauregard saw the man standing in front of the pictures. He leaned against the wall, just watching him.

'He's not here for anything good...' Beau's thoughts turned to what he was looking at.

"Hey...what are you doing here??" He asked the man.

Eli turned around, suprised someone could actually see him. "Who are you?"

"I'm Beauregard. But you can call me Beau....why are you here?"

"....just going to visit a friend of mine, that's all."

Beau thought for a moment, looking back at the kitchen for a second. "No one's really here. I..I mean most everyone's at the theatre right now."

Eli smiled gently, and walked towards him, his hands in his coat again. Beau backed up a little bit, getting a little worried. In his mind, he remembered this man had pushed him down and threatened him.

This man was no good. He was up to no good.

Eli smiled again, this time, his fangs showing, gleaming in the soft morning light, as it filtered down from the window overhead. Beau turned around, to run, to get away.

The demon clamped on Beau's shoulder and turned him around to face him.

"I feel your soul....it is quite old isn't it, Mr. Regard??" His eyes widened, smiling widely now, his claws sinking into Beau's shoulder.

Beau could only whimper, and try to scramble away from him. His eyes reflected the early morning light, while Eli's....

They reflected nothing.

Only desolation, despair, destruction....and most of all....

Death.