Ernie and Bert's "Count on Sports" DVD coming July 22

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, it's better than having no guy at all...
Exactly. Just want to clear it up for anyone who didn't see that segment.

But they did rebuild and reuse him for that reading PSA... I suppose it would have been a waste not to have him in the crowd somewhere.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That was petty cool! Would be surprising if they used him for the show again sometime.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
Well, he doesn't talk or do anything of note. he's just one of the spectators that watch the Count. It's a nice use of the character, don't get me wrong.

I wish they'd rebuild other old school characters and put them in the background.
seriously. i wish they would recast forgetful jones and bring him back. forgetful was my FAVORITE!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That was petty cool! Would be surprising if they used him for the show again sometime.
One of the clips on the "Highlight Reel" for Season 39 showed Guy Smiley on a game show type set with The Oinker Sisters and Chris. So i think we'll be seeing him soon. :sing:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
One of the clips on the "Highlight Reel" for Season 39 showed Guy Smiley on a game show type set with The Oinker Sisters and Chris. So i think we'll be seeing him soon. :sing:
Oh wow! I over looked this! I am very excited!:excited:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I just bought this DVD today at WalMart (and it was $9.97 so the price wasnt that bad..) I watched some of the DVD but I REALLY got it for the “Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures” shows... i LOVE the song its very catchy! :stick_out_tongue::frown:

*EDIT* I also seen at the end it says Jim Henson’s Creature Shop...so I take it its no longer Jim Hensons Muppet Work Shop since Disney owns the name ("Muppets, Muppet) now.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I got the DVD from the library today and here are my thoughts:

The Goods:
-This DVD was awesome! Anything the has Ernie and Bert as the main focus has to be good. ESSN was a cute parody of ESPN. And I liked their studio being their apartment with a TV and desk. Plus, when Ernie gave Bert his uniform, Bert asks "Where'd did you get this tie!", Ernie holds up Bert's shirt with a tie-shaped hole in it. LOL!
-Nice to see more Praire Dawn.
-I loved the soccer ref. who kep coming in, throwing penalties at Bert and Prairie, even when they're not playing soccer.
-While the Grover and Vince Carter bit was short, it was still pretty funny.
-I like the "Elmo's Riding" song from last season.
-They used Bernice a lot in this.
-The skit with Murray at the baseball field was funny!
-The end where Bert's co-hotsing duties are replaced by Bernice since the ratings show they don't like him.
-I liked the E&B Adventures they included. The one I liked the most was "Mountian Climbers", the part where the goat eat Ernie's clock cracked me up!
-The two soccer skits, the counting and above/below ones, where taken from Plaza Sesamo.

The Bads:
-Some skits where edited. Like the Doinique Daws segment had Prairie's voice-over added, new music and no Telly.
-Could've used more characters.
-The "Rockin' Robin" film they included was the original; it was the same footage, but with Luis and Rosita singing. (I think they added those in 2006)

If you like Ernie and Bert and sports, then this is a DVD for you!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It actually sounds pretty funny and now I think I want to see it even more now!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Ernie and Bert's "Count on Sports"

For those of you who have seen the main page you may have found out about this starring :stick_out_tongue: & :frown:? I just want to know what your thoughts is on this upcoming DVD.