Episode guide corrections

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Sent in some corrections before, gonna try and list them all so they'll be here for future updates.

#2 Connie Stevens: this isn't a correction, but I know most people haven't seen "Ain't Misbehavin'". You said it must have been taped in the second half of the season, and you're right- the set and lighting are the exact same as Dr. Teeth's # "Lazybones", the UK Spot from the Phyllis Diller episode, so they were no doubt taped in the same sitting.

#4 Ruth Buzzi:

Song title correction: Ruth's first # is called "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You", not "Let Me Love You" (source: cdnow.com)

Dialogue:

W: "Wonderful!"
S: "Marvelous!"
W(singing): "That you should care for me." (song lyric- S'Wonderful)

#7 Florence Henderson:

Dialogue: opening Fozzie joke is "Prices are so high, yesterday I bought a pound of hamburger and had to have a co-signer!"

NOT

"Prices are so high, yesterday I bought a pound of hamburger and had to have a deed of purchase!"

Where the heck did that translation come from?

Song title:

Florence's 2nd musical # is called "So Happy Together" (originally recorded by the rock group The Turtles)

#8 Paul Williams:

Song title: closing # is called "Sad Song", not "Soul Rest" (source- Paul Williams' official site)

#9 Charles Aznavour:

Dialogue: Fozzie's opening joke- this one's my fault- I thought it sounded wrong when I originally passed it on from Jogchem but I didn't think of what the dialogue actually was (Jog copied this ep. for me and it is hard to hear that part). It actually goes like this:

Fozzie: "I don't approve of belly dancers. Why can't they dance on the floor like everyone else?"

Dialogue: S & W's first comment:

W: "I love French singers."
S: "I love French fries!"
W: "French fries, I don't get that."
S: "You didn't order any."

Dialogue: tiny one, Mildred's BA isn't mentioned in the panel sketch; that's later, the Candice Bergen one

#11 Lena Horne:

Opening # is called "Ragg Mopp" (just listen for the spelling- surprising how old a song that actually is, written at least before the 50s)

Dialogue: closing comment:

S: "Author! Author!"
W (waking up): "Oh, is he here?"
S: "Who?"
W (pronounces it sort of in-between): "Arthur." (Aw-tur)
S: "Aw, go back to sleep."

#13 Bruce Forsyth:

Bruce's first # is "All I Need is the Girl" (from the musical "Gypsy")

#14 Sandy Duncan: sketch order-

Like the Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, and Candice Bergen episodes, there is another sketch after At the Dance before the UK Spot. Order is as follows:

-At the Dance
-Sandy cheers up Sweetums
-UK Spot- "Nobody", Gonzo and Rowlf

Character name: in the Newsflash, Sandy is Mrs. Billie Lee Bonkers, not Boomer (although they used that name twice already, and Billy Lee Boomer was the Gomer Pyle-alike played by Jim Nabors in his Newsflash)

#15 Candice Bergen:

Darn it anyway! I thought the UK Spot was called "I'm Gonna Finish On Top", but it's actually called "It's Not Where You Start".

At any rate, Andre the Artist's # is called "Look at that Face" (from the Bricusse/Newley musical "The Roar of the Greasepaint, the Smell of the Crowd")

#17 Ben Vereen:

Song title: Opening # is called "Jump! Shout! Boogie!", not "Bandstand Boogie" (I don't know how many times that song was done in my sister's dance recitals when we were kids)

Closing # is called "Pure Imagination" (from the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)

#19 Vincent Price: not a correction per se, but shouldn't the Gonzo bit read "Gonzo fires a gun at the 'O'", like it does in the Mummenschanz ep? Makes more sense that way.

Just a note, Wayne & Wanda's song is called "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered".

#20 Valerie Harper:

Wayne & Wanda's song is called "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" (from the musical of the same name)

#21 Twiggy: small correction-

W: "Ah, Twiggy makes my heart sing!"
S: "Oh! Oh, let me hear!" (listens) "Nice song... but your pacemaker needs tuning."

#23 Kaye Ballard:

Kaye & Thog's # is the Hurricane Smith tune (his only notable tune) "Oh Babe What Would You Say", not to be confused with the song by the Dave Matthews Band.

UK Spot- "Life Gets Tedious, Don't It?" (never mind how he pronounces it)

That's all. Feel free to include these in any updates to the first season guide. If you like, I'll proofread the second season guide for things like this.

The perfectionist strikes again!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. We'll make the necessary corrections. I'll send you a note when they are on-line.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

Hey,
One more...

In the Peter Ustinov 'Newsflash' The Doctors names is Dr. Felix Oglebaum.

You have it as Oglebomb.

Cant wait for Season 2 !

See ya

Lenny

Reaction score
Yeah, and speaking of Season 2 (or any future seasons for that matter), do you guys need any help with these ep guides or do a few of you pretty much have the market cornered on them? I'll be more than willing to help if needed.

Rich

P

Philip Kippel

In some of the episode guide pages, some characters were left out of the "Performer" credits.

For example...in the Florence Henderson episode, Lenny the Lizard was left out of the list of characters that Jerry Nelson performed in that ep. Besides, Lenny had a significant role in that ep, singing "So Happy Together" with Florence.

anathema

Reaction score
Further to the above, Statler's line following 'Tenderly' in the Avery Schreiber show should read:

STATLER: I was just thinking, a propos of nothing, but is it pronounced "tomayto" or "tomahto"?