Elmo in Series two of Sesame Street

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is JJ
How's going I'm new to all this, all time vister of the site, frist time member.

Well anyway, I'm just wondering, I've readed that series two of the sesame street figures, is going to be Bret, The Count, Grover and Elmo. Now I'm just wondering what you guys think of the Elmo figure, because myself I'm really looking forward to Bret, Count, and Grover, but not so much Elmo. I was just wanted the line to be of the classic S.S. Muppets. And just saying that I don't want to pick a fight or anything, that's just the way I think about it. Would like to hear from you guys, thanks.

JJ:smile:

MopPuppet

Reaction score
Elmo is technically a classic character. He's been a "background" character since the early 1970's. He was originally performed by Caroll Spinney, then he went on to Brian Muehl, Richard Hunt, and finally Kevin Clash. But then again, he didn't really become mainstream until the early nineties. So it can be argued wether Elmo is a classic SS Muppet or not. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Elmo is definatly a classic character now. He's been on the show a long long time. When you have a 37 run (so far) on a tv show it is very hard to say who is classic and who isnt, especially when most only watched the show from age 2 to like 5 or somethingl ike that. The show is ever evolving. I suppose you could comparei t to the DC comic books with various ages.

The Golden age characters would be characters like Bert, Ernie, Grover, Cookie, Oscar, Big Bird, Count, Snuffy, and all the other characterst hat have been there since the begining.

The Silver Age characters are ones like Telly, Elmo, Kingston, Alice, Hoots and whatever others came in in the 80's.

The Modern age characers would be Rosita, Zoe, Baby BEar, and ones like that.

While no era is really better or worse, all the characters have their place. And of ocurse many characters cross over into other eras. I mean, BB iss also a modern age character just as much as he is a golden and silver age.

Anyway that's my take on it. Basically any character that spans all 3 ages should be made, any charactert aht spaned 2 ages should be made, and then all the modern age characters should be made (main characterst hat is). Then the fan fave and secondary ones can be taken from any era willy nilly. Maybe even mix up the ages each wave.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Elmo for me, will without a doubt be the last one I'll get, I'm someone who most of the time tries to get the whole set. The only action figure line that I only got my favorites has been the Marvel legends series, in which I only got Gambit. But like when it came to the Muppets, I would try and get all of them. But all in all, I would really rather have Oscar, Bret and Erine, Big Brid, The Count, Cookie Monster, Grover, super Grover, Guy Smiley, and The Two headed monster frist. But that's if the line even takes off, right now. I really do hope it does, because these guys would look great with the Muppet figures. I'm really looking forward to the frist series with Oscar being the one I want the most, series 2 can't wait for the Count and I'm hoping that later in the series we'll see Cookie Monster and Sherlock Hemlock. But like I said that's if the line even takes off.