eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's been REAL quiet. Well, not to sound the pesimist, but, I think it's been 2 weeks or a little over since we heard from efx. I R-E-A-L-LY want some news about a pre-order date, maybe progress pics of Kermit, news on next poser...anything.

I'm crossing my fingers!:embarrassed:
Aren't they at Toy Fair? Has anything new and Muppety been revealed there? It's almost March and they have no 2010 section for information listed on their website. Maybe they don't have a current webmaster? I guess we'll have to be patient. Bryan did report some contractual issues being signed and that work was moving forward. Maybe that's going slower than planned.

Luke

Reaction score
Wow, it's been REAL quiet. Well, not to sound the pesimist, but, I think it's been 2 weeks or a little over since we heard from efx. I R-E-A-L-LY want some news about a pre-order date, maybe progress pics of Kermit, news on next poser...anything.

I'm crossing my fingers!:embarrassed:
I think you have to give them longer than two weeks. Obviously these aren't about to come anytime soon, given that it seems they aren't in production at the factory yet. It's just a hope that they get past whatever problems there are and hopefully at least something will get released later this year. They must be quite far into the license for the original schedule to be a reality now anyway.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think you have to give them longer than two weeks. Obviously these aren't about to come anytime soon, given that it seems they aren't in production at the factory yet. It's just a hope that they get past whatever problems there are and hopefully at least something will get released later this year. They must be quite far into the license for the original schedule to be a reality now anyway.
I reread their December newsletter that reported a high probability of a December pre-order for Rizzo. Something’s definitely up. I agree, it seems like any Muppet item from EFX is going to take a very long while no matter what the chatter is about it.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
All I am saying is don't be surprised if these don't happen...

Now don't get too negative here. Some of the Star Wars things that we saw over at our forum have been coming soon for almost a year. They finally got to the Concept Vader helmet out for preorder. Just cause we haven't heard anything doesn't mean that it's bad news. Remember, Bryan wants things to go smoothly and taking time to get it right unlike what MR did with there props. We had to pre order and wait for six months then when we got it, some people where not happy about how the production turned out differently than the prototype. Bad paint jobs on guns, altered patterns from China, you name it. Bryan is wanting to make sure that they come just the way they are suppose to. I give him credit for wanting to put out good items and not wanting to rush into getting everything out in a hurry or all out at once. So let's wait and see what happens. Bryan just poped in not too long ago telling us whats taking so long so lets all just be patient and not think the impossible until Bryans says so.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I reread their December newsletter that reported a high probability of a December pre-order for Rizzo. Something’s definitely up. I agree, it seems like any Muppet item from EFX is going to take a very long while no matter what the chatter is about it.
Sometimes, unforseen things come up, which causes delays.Since the announcement of a December pre order, the opportunity came up for a discount club.since then, it had to be worked out how it would come into effect and then it would have to be put in writing and signed by both parties.A time frame couldnt be worked out on how long this would take.From Bryan's last message, it appears everything has been worked out, and they just have to sign it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, unforseen things come up, which causes delays.Since the announcement of a December pre order, the opportunity came up for a discount club.since then, it had to be worked out how it would come into effect and then it would have to be put in writing and signed by both parties.A time frame couldnt be worked out on how long this would take.From Bryan's last message, it appears everything has been worked out, and they just have to sign it.
I agree and appreciate that. I do wish that every official and unofficial statement about the posers didn't come with a "news coming soon" that never really seems to happen. I believe in the poser line, but also feel this is going to take a heck of a lot more time than we're led to believe. The dangling carrot is frustrating to customers, but it's nature of the toy industry. In the end, there is no commercial product until the pre-order happens.

I have to admit that the lack of any 2010 news updates on the EFX site concerns me.

Luke

Reaction score
But club regardless, they are not in full production at the factory yet, so delivery wise they would have to be looking at the summer at the very earliest. What with production, qc, licensor approval, distribution.

muppetperson

Reaction score
But club regardless, they are not in full production at the factory yet, so delivery wise they would have to be looking at the summer at the very earliest. What with production, qc, licensor approval, distribution.
They wont be going ahead with factory production until they get the numbers of the pre order when it starts, as I mentioned previously that they will only be making the amount to cover orders.So although you may be thinking that the factory could be making them while they are waiting on the discount club,the process is holding everything up.So, yes, it is going to be a while before Rizzo is in hand.