1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by uppitymuppity, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

I got an email from Paul Morrissey; editor of Boom-Studios. The Meltdown Comics cover had to be reprinted because of an error on their logo.
    Preorders were made so the cover will be available soon.

If anyone lives in LA, please let us know when it arrives

Thanks!
  2. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

Oh yes, I seem to recall a certain someone who felt this project was going to fly... ME! I love it already.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If by somehow the comic book store won't carry said comic, perhaps they can order it for you. I know a lot of comic stores that offered to order me Ultimate Muscle when they stopped carrying it. I never did take them up on that offer, and I'm missing a lot of good ones... but that's outside the topic.

I'm sure they can order a copy for you, if nothing else.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, comic book resources now has a review of the comic, though it doens't really talk about the plot.
  5. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

Wow. What a review! "One of the most appropriate and fitting comic adaptations ever published." :)
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really enjoy what been shown of issue one so far and agree with most of this guy's review except for his clumsy assumption that fans have been upset over these most recent Muppet incarnations of Langridge's work. Many of the earlier drawings were off the mark and have been thoughtfully corrected by the artist. The critic's statement that,"...each character is completely true to the original puppet, only translated to the fluidity and shape necessary to facilitate a cartoon..." is not true and Langridge would be the first to state that he likes working off book.

The point is that this new comic book has found a happy medium in style and has a lot of Muppety substance. I've already commended Roger Langridge over on his blog and mean every word of it. Heck, his writing is better than much of the stuff I've seen since Muppets Tonight.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Looks great! I really hope the only store that sells comics in my town will carry this thing!
  8. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

9. BlakeMP

BlakeMP New Member

Now here's serendipity for you. Boom! announced TODAY that they've signed a newsstand distribution deal for the Disney/Muppet comics: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/030925-Boom-Newsstand.html
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That's good news for me. I went to both comic stores in my area, neither had it, one is going out of buisness, and the other one only sells back issues of comics.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I might write a review later, but the Muppet Show Comic Book gets my enthusiastic stamp of approval. It should be required reading for every Muppet writer. :flirt:
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You really sold me on it with that sentence alone! :D I'm really loving some of the previews I've seen (I'm not looking at all of them... I want to save the good stuff for when I actually buy it), and I'm really liking how his art evolved since the very first samples. Of course, I liked his work before that, but let's not get technical. I really hope this sells well enough to warrant a regular series. I haven't bother buying comics regularly for so long. I manage to get some Sonic X's when there's a sale... but that's about it.
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.