Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're not going to reveal "top secret" plans to us, folks. There's no way they'll do that.

And continously wanting to voice "disappointments" is not healthy. It can still be seen as slamming them, which is what they don't want or need. Remember: Disney DOES read this forum, so you should be REALLY careful about what you say around here.

What should we say?

"thank you for putting out only 2 DVD's, rereleasing the movies with less special features than the Columbia releases, and pretty much not doing too much else?"

Criticism can change things. We we constantly complaing about how we weren't seeing any aknowldgement of Clasic Sesame Street, and look what we got

We can voice our critisism in letters in a constructive way. We Want Muppet babies to be aknowledged. We want a Muppet Soundtrack rerelease similar to the fraggle rock one. We want to see them finish a project outside of disney channel bumpers. But if we just say we're happy with just the little we have, they're not going to act on it. negative comments can lead to change.

A few posts ago Drtooth, you were talking about Disney being the lesser of five evils, and I wholeheartedly agree. I mean, at least Disney has been respectful to the Muppets and put them on GOOD merchandise that the public can access. I mean, when was the last time you saw a Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck t-shirt? Today you could walk into Kohls and find two different t-shirts with Animal on them. I think that Disney is really just trying to put the characters back into the public eye slowly but surely. I mean, people know who the Muppets are, they just need to be reminded that they're still around, and Disney is doing a great job of that.
I say that for multiple reasons. We got a Cartoon Network that refuses to air cartoons, several dying saturday morning line ups, and one successful SatAm line up that's pulling out, because the greedy network heads think that not doing anything is going to get them more money. And don't forget the absolute childish feud between Warners and Fox that will never get us 1960's Batman, outside of the movie.

There is a lot I'm unhappy with Disney about. I will say they are currently giving more attention to the Muppets than they are the Marvel cartoons they just so happened to aquire no thanks to Rupert Murdock (I'll explain later). I just wish they'd realize that there are more fans of the Muppets, and various Disney products that are classic fans of all ages, and not just 12 year old girls that watch their live action tweencoms.

I don't think we should ever stop saying we're not happy with things. We could say them in nicer ways, sure. But what is just standing quietly letting them do whatever they want with something they only own due to a purchase gonna do? Nothing.

that's why i say we write them and compliment them on the DVD's, but ask for more. We ask them for CD's. We ask to see some of the unfinished projects somewhere. I'm sure if we ask nicely, we'll get some feedback.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I emailed Disney through this email once (when I was trying to find out if Adventures in Wonderland would ever be put on DVD hehe). It couldn't hurt, as long as you're respectful. People used to write to HIT about Fraggle Rock after all.

disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com

And I prefer both Boobers and Sidebottoms. Keeps everyone honest. :wink:

But I'm taking a break from posting on this thread for awhile. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree with you Drtooth about constructive criticism, it definitly gets things done. And I also agree that we should be seeing more merchandise than we are. I mean, it's not that hard to release some DVDs or CDs or something while they're working on this top-secret project, ya know? I'm sure that the merchandising division of Muppet Studios is currently not involved with the top-secret project, so why not put them to good use releasing DVDs and CDs?

And thanks for the e-mail address heralde, I'm gonna drop an e-mail to them now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree with you Drtooth about constructive criticism, it definitly gets things done. And I also agree that we should be seeing more merchandise than we are. I mean, it's not that hard to release some DVDs or CDs or something while they're working on this top-secret project, ya know? I'm sure that the merchandising division of Muppet Studios is currently not involved with the top-secret project, so why not put them to good use releasing DVDs and CDs?

And thanks for the e-mail address heralde, I'm gonna drop an e-mail to them now.
No problem! And maybe anyone who writes in could also put in a good word for Adventures in Wonderland (It really should be on DVD by now, but I digress! lol)

And yes, constructive criticism can definitely bring about change. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
The muppet mini movies (interstitials) were made to test the market and demographics.Research is still being done on it and until all the information comes back, no more will be made.But it hasnt been cancelled and what has been filmed will eventually air.Like Master Replicas, Disney want to be sure the product is right.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Being test marketed both gives me a little hope and worries me. If they can't tool it for the mass audiences to enjoy, we may not see them. If they do view favorably, I wonder what the kind of context they're going to have. I really hope it won't be overloaded with their "stars" and will feature as much muppet goodness as possible.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney has to get the yungin's to watch somehow...

Being test marketed both gives me a little hope and worries me...
I tend to think of these Disney mini Muppet movies as something directly focussed on the tween demographic so I am not expecting to enjoy them any more than that. However, this is easily a positive! :smile:

Most us fans were young when we were introduced to the Muppets. Of course they were sharp and didn't pander to us (as so much of the entertainment today goes. It's trying to do what the Muppet Babies did for a generation of fans - but getting them hooked on the actual Muppets first. Good call IMHO.

I have met many younger people that don't really know the Muppets and can't distinguish one franchise from another in Muppetdom. I'm thinking these Muppet-mercials will remedy that.

Yes, it still feels like trolling for fans, but it could be the best way to do it for now. Heck, I'm more annoyed about Kermit having to pair-off with Howie Mandell than Hannah Montana. But again - whatever works *as long as the Muppets stay and act like Muppets there really is no foul here in my book. :zany:

Focus away, Disney. Just don't use this stuff as the special features in the Muppet Show season 3 DVD release! :rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Focus-schmocus. I'm ready for a new movie or TV series already. They need to put some Muppeteers to work! :smile:

Steve isn't busy enough, Dave needs more to do. David, Eric, Bill, Clash...all them fellers need to be clocking in every morning filming a movie or TV show for us. Drew, Boyd, and a few others I have heard voices from are good calls to get back into work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, it still feels like trolling for fans, but it could be the best way to do it for now. Heck, I'm more annoyed about Kermit having to pair-off with Howie Mandell than Hannah Montana. But again - whatever works *as long as the Muppets stay and act like Muppets there really is no foul here in my book. :zany:
I do say, i feel a lot better having Kermit play off Howie, because at least he has a history with the Muppets. After all, He was the voice actor for Bunsen, Animal, and Skeeter on muppet Babies, if only for a season. Hannah Bannana or whatever is new. And clearly they're forcing them together for a ratings grab. Sadly, if a new Muppet show were to take place, these people would be the kind of guest stars they'd look into.