did they eventually stop showing bein' green?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read at Wikpedia that in the late 1980s, Sesame Street's researchers discovered that its test audiences failed to realise that Kermit was happy with being green in the song Bein' Green. I'm not sure how true this fact is (I've found the fact at Wikpedia, not Muppet Wiki), but I am wondering if Sesame Workshop stopped showing this song on Sesame Street after this (I know it ha sbeen released ona few videos and albums since then, and I know that Oscar recently sang a new version).

The only version of the song that I ever remember seeing on the show (and not on any videos) is the version with Lena Horne and Kermit, and I haven't seen that version since sometime before 1994, when I first learned that Kermit sang a solo version on Sesame Street (I knew that he sang a solo version on The Muppet Show, but not Sesame Street).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I've seen both versions on the show, but I've seen the solo one run a few times after the late eighties.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I read at Wikpedia that in the late 1980s, Sesame Street's researchers discovered that its test audiences failed to realise that Kermit was happy with being green in the song Bein' Green. I'm not sure how true this fact is (I've found the fact at Wikpedia, not Muppet Wiki), but I am wondering if Sesame Workshop stopped showing this song on Sesame Street after this (I know it ha sbeen released ona few videos and albums since then, and I know that Oscar recently sang a new version).

The only version of the song that I ever remember seeing on the show (and not on any videos) is the version with Lena Horne and Kermit, and I haven't seen that version since sometime before 1994, when I first learned that Kermit sang a solo version on Sesame Street (I knew that he sang a solo version on The Muppet Show, but not Sesame Street).
Well I wouldn't believe it. Remember, like the IMDB boards people people contribute stuff and sometimes the info isn't right and what it says simply deosn't make sense.