Did Richard Hunt REALLY have AIDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I visited his page at the InternetMovieDatabase, and it said Richard Hunt died of AIDS! Is this true? Or is it just a rumor? I'm getting really freaked out!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i got a question..i knew richard died of aids but how did he get it?.....well i think i may know the answer to this but i want to be sure. thanks

ryan

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
That's never been mentioned, and frankly I'm not curious about it. Dead or alive there are parts of a person's life that should remain private. And that's one of them.

-Kim

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey look i'm just curious. i've just been wondering about it. and there's nothing wrong with being curious.....

ryan

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I don't want to sound bad or anything but this is something I have wondered about too. It wouldn't change the way I thought of Richard Hunt, he was a great perfomer like Jim and they have made great differences in all of our lives here, they have made our lives more exciting and fun, we wouldnt even be in this forum if it wasn't for Jim for instance.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want to do and be what they want to be aslong as it doesnt harm anyone else so regardless of how Richard Hunt got aids that part doesn't matter, its extremely sad that he died at all and Like Jim, should have never died atleast not that young.

:sympathy:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
hey look i'm just curious. i've just been wondering about it. and there's nothing wrong with being curious.....
I think it is only natural for people to be curious about the death of public figure (especially a much-loved one like Richard), but it has been very apparent that the Henson folks and Richard's family have been reluctant to discuss the specifics of Richard's illness. They appear to have chosen to keep most of the details of it private.

It's interesting that even today many of the official materials you see about Richard do not mention AIDS as the cause of his death. The AIDS story was very slow to get out to many people (though I believe the press reports of his death did specifically mention an AIDS-related illness). This sort of thing was unfortunately common with a lot of people who died of AIDS in the late 80s/early 90s. People just didn't want to talk about it much. I am not going to comment or pass judgement on what was obviously a painful private decision for the Henson company and/or the Hunt family.

I do think it is a lovely gesture for fans of Richard's like us to focus on and celebrate Richard's life and work rather than the worrying about the nitty-gritty details of his illness and death.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Richard was a GREAT performer for both Muppets, and Sesame Street. His characters always gave me a laugh whether they were weird characters, or normal characters (of course then again, Muppets are everything BUT normal.) Richard always wanted to be a performer with Henson I read. He had a good career, even though it seemed like he had no luck with Sesame characters (i.e. Elmo, Don Music). Bad it's sad that Richard is no longer with us :cry:. I don't really no how he got AIDs, but frankley, I don't want to know. I just wish that he and Jim are now currently discovering new worlds together. :sympathy:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Eren Ozker

Apparently Eren Ozker also died of AIDS (in 1993). Does anyone have more details about that? Ozker performed Hazel and Wanda during the 1st season of TMS, and Gretchen Fox in "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas." She also worked on the 1st Muppet Movie. That's all the info I have about her. Does anybody have other info on her?

Courage-Bagge said:
Richard was a GREAT performer for both Muppets, and Sesame Street. His characters always gave me a laugh whether they were weird characters, or normal characters (of course then again, Muppets are everything BUT normal.) Richard always wanted to be a performer with Henson I read. He had a good career, even though it seemed like he had no luck with Sesame characters (i.e. Elmo, Don Music). Bad it's sad that Richard is no longer with us :cry:. I don't really no how he got AIDs, but frankley, I don't want to know. I just wish that he and Jim are now currently discovering new worlds together. :sympathy:

Status
Not open for further replies.