Dance your cares away! The fraggle theme: What does it mean?

Beakerballistic

Reaction score
When I got it on itunes the album said "Fraggle Rock: Fraggle Rockin' a collection." does that help you? Good luck finding it!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think it's means just what it says to do. Forget about your troubles and your worries and just do what works best in ordered to do that, weather it be working or dancing or whatever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is what the theme means to me, and what it tells you about the Fraggle culture.

Fraggles, while most have important jobs, are carefree and appreciate the little things in life. Playing, dancing, singing, parties... etc. The philosophy of the song is pretty much the philosophy of the Rock. Dance your cares away. Don't worry, because whatever is to be worried about is a small matter (something that Boober and Wembly don't exactly follow).

The Doozers have a different, yet similar philosophy. Don't worry, focus on your job. A working Doozer is a content Doozer. And to keep things carefree and rolling smoothly, keep working.

As for Junior... well, he is the incompetant son of a king. His future is in tact, he has nothing to worry about, bumbling about like he does.

Though, I still think it's odd he sings the theme song if Gorgs hate Fraggles so much.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Though, I still think it's odd he sings the theme song if Gorgs hate Fraggles so much.
Well that's one thing I really love about Fraggle Rock. Even though the Gorgs are somewhat mis-guided and villianious on the show, they're still part of this world's family. Even though the Fraggles don't always like or understand them, they still matter. And eventually the Fraggles will see that. That's a very deep and compassionate message to give kids, especially ones who maybe have to deal with bullies.

Going along with the same idea, I like that the Fraggles aren't always right. Even though they're the true stars of the show, they're sometimes wrong when they fool around too much, or when they underestimate the Doozers or hate the Gorgs. It makes the Fraggles more "human" and richer characters, in that they have to learn and admit when they're wrong. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Going along with the same idea, I like that the Fraggles aren't always right. Even though they're the true stars of the show, they're sometimes wrong when they fool around too much, or when they underestimate the Doozers or hate the Gorgs. It makes the Fraggles more "human" and richer characters, in that they have to learn and admit when they're wrong. :smile:
Yeah I have to say that I really liked that about the show too.

Redsonga

Reaction score
IMHO Jr. makes a nice king all and all :smile:. But I still think throwing anyway the whole idea of being a ruler is a little silly..there can be nice rulers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I still think throwing anyway the whole idea of being a ruler is a little silly..there can be nice rulers.
That's very true, there are good people who are rich, or who are leaders of nations. I guess the thing is the Gorgs are more on the dictator side of monarchy, with the idea that some people are just better than others simply because they're bigger or wealtheri, or who their Daddy is. Even though Junior was a prince, he was completely under the sway of his father; he didn't know there were places where people were free to do what they wanted.

My opinion? At the end of the series, Fraggle Rock went on to be a capitalist democracy where the Gorgs cheerfully gave the Fraggles their radishes...$5.95 each! :wink:

dinoboy

Reaction score
Dance your cares Away..
Worries Are Here To Stay...
When You Spend Your Day..
Down At Boober Rock....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, Jim himself did say that the world of FR was a alagory (or uphamisum or whatever) for the human race in that he saw fit to bring out the qualities in humans that could cause world harmony (thusly creating the worldwide cult classic).