Custom accessories and figures

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by uncleduke
Not to stray too far off the topic, but I always hoped the WOS would do a John figure for their Celebrity line.
C'mon Ken, your'e in Baltimore! Secure the right to these figures (I think Playsets would be a bit too much, except for Edith Masey's crib from Pink Flamingoes):eek: :wink:
Edith Masey's crib. LOL. That would be tooo funny!!!!! I love it! I have a feeling that WOS might eventually get around to the John figure too, although because of the story line he was in, it might be a bit controversial (much like Smithers).

Gonzo

Reaction score
The Celebrity WOS figures are MAJOR peg-warmers here--at least the most recent 2--Lionel Hutz and (what was Albert Brooks' character's name?) I picked up Mr. Hutz, but the other guy was annoying on the show, and possibly the most un-interesting toy I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of toys.

WOS' obscurity seems to be dooming the line--the Krabappel wave and the most recent one aren't moving at ALL in my neck of the woods....

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
The problem with the celebrity line, IMHO, is that they didn't pick the interesting characters, most likely because they couldn't get rights to the voices. Albert Brooks has done some funny stuff, but outside of the Hollywood community, most people find him annoying. Why they chose him beats me, I think it was an insider type deal. They need to get Penny Marshal, John Waters, Neil Armstrong and others to make that part of the line work. Me? I want a WOS Bette Midler!!!!!!!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what a WOS is? I asked it in another thread, but I have no idea if someone answered it. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread this time.

towels

Reaction score
WOS

Either World of Simpsons or World of Springfield. Pretty much the same thing either way.

beaker

Reaction score
stayed up til 3am customizing...

whew, im very tired, stayed up til 3am working on custom figures.
I put the finishing touches on my long in the works Pepe figure(Which is to scale!, unbelievable!) and I finished up my Al Roker action figure. (Al Roker, NBC weatherman, and the golden ratio chaos theory balance of the universe...also big Muppet fan)

I'll try and get some scans of Pepe later today(light blue zipper sweater, tiny little tooth, antennae, and all!) to post on here. Maybe I can help inspire some people to do their own customs^_^

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
.... Me? I want a WOS Bette Midler!!!!!!!
Aside from the John Waters, my dream, forget it, it aint gonna happen addition to the celebrity would be Scully & Mulder possibly with either the the police station line-up, or the Glow in the Dark alien Burns(even Chewbacca wearing his Homer is an Idiot T-Shirt would be cool):big_grin:

Rufus

Reaction score
I'm with you, uncleduke. A Mulder, Scully, and glow-in-the-dark "alien" Burns would make an awesome 3-pack!

- R -