Count it Higher and Sing Yourself Sillier DVDs

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just got this e-mail from the dangernostranger Yahoo e-mail group...

count it higher is coming to dvd on the 10th of next month, found this
out at www.sonymusicstore.com, i hope we might could get some new
clips and pics after it comes out
So, I looked it up on amazon.com and found the following entries:

Count it Higher

Sing yourself Sillier

Also, a new Elmo's World called Food Water and Excersize

Now, I'm not familiar with "count it higher," So I cannot tell if it's new, or another old video given the DVD treatment. But I am intimately aware of Sing Yourself sillier at the Movies, owning it on Video.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Count It Higher is a re-issue of an earlier entry from SESAME STREET HOME VIDEO back in 1986.

It has a lot of classic counting clips.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
"Count It Higher" has been a favorite in our house for years!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If the soon-to-be released Count It Higher DVD is a rerelease of the SS video I have, then you might be interested in picking it up.
The whole title is: Count It Higher: The Count Presents Sesame Street Videos.
It's a sort of music countdown special hosted by the Count von Count himself, the video box's cover has a great shot of him in his castle's den with a few gold records on the wall. This was originally #12 in the same series with Learning About Letters and Learning About Numbers.

The songs included in the video are, to my best recollection:
The Ten Commandments of Health.
Wet Paint.
Do Da' Rubba Duck.
Letter B.
Do-Wop Du-Hop, sung by Kermit.
Count It Higher.
And one more song I can't recall fright now.
Check it out if you're interested in this title.

Soul H

Reaction score
The songs you're reffering to I presume are ZZ Blues and Honk Around The Clock. But then again I'm just guessing.

The Count said:
Well... If the soon-to-be released Count It Higher DVD is a rerelease of the SS video I have, then you might be interested in picking it up.
The whole title is: Count It Higher: The Count Presents Sesame Street Videos.
It's a sort of music countdown special hosted by the Count von Count himself, the video box's cover has a great shot of him in his castle's den with a few gold records on the wall. This was originally #12 in the same series with Learning About Letters and Learning About Numbers.

The songs included in the video are, to my best recollection:
The Ten Commandments of Health.
Wet Paint.
Do Da' Rubba Duck.
Letter B.
Do-Wop Du-Hop, sung by Kermit.
Count It Higher.
And one more song I can't recall fright now.
Check it out if you're interested in this title.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... a lot of the stuff on the Count it higher DVD is available in other disks (I think) but Letter B and ZZ Blues (if that one is on there) are clips I've been looking for. I just may get this DVD. I've been meaning to get some Sesame DVD's, but I don't have any so far (and I can no longer find What's the name of that Song as much as I used to).

I posted a review of Sing Yourself Sillier (the video) a couple years back. It has some rare stuff from the 90's, like Watermellons and Cheese and Mr. Between (who was performed by Dave Golez on a rare SS performance). It's a godd video if you like Oscar and Telly together... most of the clips are good... I'm not a fan of the Hey Diddle Diddle cartoon or the Silly Sounding words song (bleech) but it is a decent little video. A bit too short, though. Could have used a couple more clips.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks SoulH. ZZ Blues and Honk Around the Clock are indeed the last two song/segments included on Count It Higher, the VHS release. ZZ Blues along with the other songs listed above are part of a seven-song countdown, which is the video's main storyline. Honk Around the Clock was thrown in as a sort of special request kind of deal on the countdown show, you know the deal with those of things.

Drtooth, if you're looking to get a good amount of SS DVD's, then check out Gelfling Waldo's blog. There's a link there to a sale on amazon.com for a whopping 48 SS DVD's all in one sale.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Drtooth

Reaction score
48, huh? That's more than my entire collection of DVD's put together. No... (LOL) I don't want that many. :big_grin: But I've been having trouble finding these DVD's at some retailors. All I can find are the bigger releases like Elmo's World compilations and Happy Healthy Monsters. Anyone else have this problem?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Count it Higher is a good video, especially if you like the count, minor characters from the show, or music video-style songs. i wish that it included something with little jerry and the monotones, though.

count it higher was released in 1988, not 1986.