Count Chocula

maynard

Reaction score
No, no no. The other major dracula kids character of the time is on Groovie Ghoulies.
I don't know where you get this idea there were millions of Draculas on children's TV back then. Because it's just not true. The Count ain't like the Ghoulie Dracula. He's like Chocula. And he talks and laughs like him too.
Coincidence or intentional- again I don't know-
but the similarities are there. If you think they are nothing alike then you either are thinking wrong about Chocula or not paying attention or something. I'm not saying the consciously copied Chocula but the two are a lot alike. And Chocula came first. You can have as many people post on your behalf but just look at a Chocula ad and the way Chocula looks and then at The Count. Case closed.

Oh and do list these millions of Draculas that were on children's TV in America during the 1970s. I wasn't aware of this. Maybe I'm wrong. Since you have the answer tell me. I still have only got a partial and non-expert answer to my original question.
Which celebrities are which Muppets? It seems to me that this using celebrity thing began in the mid 70s and continues on with Ren and Stimpy.

Another celebrity that the Muppets did was Howard Cossell for the sports news. I like how they did that kind of stuff in the early Muppets.

Q- Which 70s gameshow host do you think Guy Smilie looks most like? I say Bob Eubanks- who do you think? Although for some reason he talks more like Jim Henson than he does Eubanks.:wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Q- Why must you keep making new topics for all of these posts? Why can't you just reply to the original thread that all of your posts seem to be based on?

Another celebrity that the Muppets did was Howard Cossell for the sports news. I like how they did that kind of stuff in the early Muppets.
Yeah, I think we already established this...in the original thread.

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by maynard
No, no no. The other major dracula kids character of the time is on Groovie Ghoulies.
I don't know where you get this idea there were millions of Draculas on children's TV back then. Because it's just not true. The Count ain't like the Ghoulie Dracula. He's like Chocula. And he talks and laughs like him too.
Coincidence or intentional- again I don't know-
but the similarities are there. If you think they are nothing alike then you either are thinking wrong about Chocula or not paying attention or something. I'm not saying the consciously copied Chocula but the two are a lot alike. And Chocula came first. You can have as many people post on your behalf but just look at a Chocula ad and the way Chocula looks and then at The Count. Case closed.
This concept confuses and INFURIATES ME!! This really ticks me the heck off, so..

I'm guessing, that in your world, Jim said, "HEYY!!! It's COUNT CHOCULATE!!! DAHHH!!! LET'S MAKE HIMS A PUPPET!!!"

I am not even going to dignify this with a respondse!

I however, award Maynard (of whom I've actually got his name right for a change) the golden schnook award for most pointless and repetitive posts!

Pretend to have it in good health!