Could a Muppet movie feature existing characters as undercover villains?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After seeing the scene in Muppets Most Wanted where Bobby Benson's babies help the bad guys, it got me wondering: Could (or, more importantly, should) a Muppet movie feature an existing obscure character working undercover for the Muppets but really being a bad guy?

I'm not talking about instances from past movies where existing characters worked with the villains but within the movie's continuity weren't part of the Muppets (like Bobo in MFS, Bobo and Uncle Deadley in The Muppets, or Bobby Benson's babies in MWM), or a character switching sides (like Pepe in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie), but a fairly unknown character shown with the Muppets in a movie who reveals that he or she has been a villain working undercover for years? It could be someone casual fans are likely to be a little familiar with, like Lew Zealand or Beauregard, or it could be someone more obscure, like Bobby Benson, Lips, or Sopwith the Camel.

It would be kinda interesting if they did that. It'd also be interesting if the character didn't redeem itself at the end.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only other times I've really seen it done were MWO, Muppet Babies Snow White episode, Muppet Snow White (same character, same role), and various other little parody/retelling type things (the other comics and Muppet Babies episodes).

It's hit or miss. Evil Johnny Fiama in Muppet Robin Hood was one of the only real highlights of that series. While I can say it was a noble effort to make Piggy the villain in MWO, they went too far and made her a little too dark... they did a better job the 2 Snow White versions.

But I really liked how they took an obscure character like Bobby and made his babies villains. I'd say that's the better approach. They really got that right in that film.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only other times I've really seen it done were MWO, Muppet Babies Snow White episode, Muppet Snow White (same character, same role), and various other little parody/retelling type things (the other comics and Muppet Babies episodes).

I wasn't really counting movies and such where they play characters from existing stories.