Cookie Monster on SNL December 18, 2010

travellingpat

Reaction score
I was at the dress rehearsal and it was so awesome to see David and Matt V and know what was coming up before anyone else even saw Cookie!

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
Fav bit is when Jeff reached for Cookie's present - and the faux cookie clearly broke in his pocket during his monologue - and you could see he did his best to play it off as part of the bit (and Cookie's improvised response).

Jacquelyn

Reaction score
Good until guests were named

I can't believe they put Eminem and Little Wayne on the same episode with Cookie. I think they are disgusting, especially Eminem. I can't stand him. Ugh! So mad. I dont even like SNL anyway. It's not funny. Even though I LOVE Betty White & Cookie Monster.

anytimepally

Reaction score
the best part of the song was how much fun Jeff Bridges was having. :insatiable:

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
Cookie Monster did great there! I think that he would do good on the whole show.

ivanova

Reaction score
Since there is no way they would ever be cool enough to let a Muppet host the whole episode it was cool that they at least gave him his "dream". But how cool would it be to have Jason Segel and the Muppets host the show when the new Muppet movie comes out.

beaker

Reaction score
So, did I happen to watch an entirely different broadcast than everyone on page 1 did? Maybe I got a super special West Coast version of SNL, because the Cookie/Jeff Bridges sketch I saw was nothing short of glorious. Cookie just makes me laugh so hard, I loved when he was flickering his hands and making weird sound effects. LOVED the "half cookie" impromptu gag, the sweetness of the duet and how much fun Jeff was having, loved the Big Lebowski reference(Im a huge fan of that film), and just seeing a Muppet on SNL for the first time in 6 years was very cool.

Sorry a lot of you couldnt enjoy it, I thought it was perfect. And hopefully it's a taste of things to come.

Since there is no way they would ever be cool enough to let a Muppet host the whole episode it was cool that they at least gave him his "dream". But how cool would it be to have Jason Segel and the Muppets host the show when the new Muppet movie comes out.
That might definitely be in the cards!

Fav bit is when Jeff reached for Cookie's present - and the faux cookie clearly broke in his pocket during his monologue - and you could see he did his best to play it off as part of the bit (and Cookie's improvised response).
I LOVE little improv happy accidents like that!

Screechy6

Reaction score
OMG, cookie Monster was awesome. I don't always watch SNL but I'm glad a stayed up to see this one. I was so proud of my little Blue Monster.