Cookie Monster on SNL December 18, 2010

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
What did you think of him singing "Silver Bells" with Jeff Bridges?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Thank you Philip! I heard he was on there but didn't see it! So sweet!:insatiable:

Princeton

Reaction score
I was glad to see at the end that he was performed by David Rudman. I knew it wasn't Eric Jacobson because the character actually sounded like Frank Oz. :stick_out_tongue:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I found this cute, but it would be kind of fun if Jeff Bridges did guest star on Sesame Street during a future season.

Still a great moment for Cookie Monster indeed.:insatiable:

ftnpro

Reaction score
Boring. It's too bad that Cookie Monster's audition for SNL had him doing funny things like making fun of hosting SNL ("cookie joke, blah blah blah"), but then when he actually got on SNL, he wasn't funny at all. Just think of how great he was on the Colbert Report ("me had crazy times in the Eighties")- he could have really made a splash on SNL. Instead, this segment is completely forgettable.

Way cool to see David Rudman at the end, though. And I still love seeing any Muppet out in the wider world!

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Yeah, mildly amusing. But, unfortunately, this could have been a lot better. Cookie Monster making "up to date" jokes like calling Jeff "The Dude" and saying he wanted an i-Pad just seemed like the writers were trying too hard. The voice sounded good though. I'm incredibly disappointed that both performers were walking around with half a Cookie Monster at the end. I don't think Jim would have liked that. Sure Jim had Kermit on his lap from time to time on a talk show but I can't remember EVER seeing half a Muppet on a show being paraded around like, well, a puppet. Takes away some of the magic the original performers worked so hard to create. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope this WASN'T it. I really wanna see him through the whole show.. and announced too, since I went too bed too early to actually catch that. And it's not like I make it appoint to watch SNL regularly.

Quesal

Reaction score
did my heart good! all the elements to keep me enjoying the whole song thro were there!