Confusing...

DLuvMuppsGonzo

Reaction score
I also feel as the Muppet Christmas movie is real. But shouldnt the Very Muppet X-mas movie be considered real than too? Because it deals with A muppet show aspect? Im sorry I just love this discussion.

Lu775

Reaction score
Wow, I just have to state for the record that Muppet Caper is my favourite of the first 3 films. I love everything about it, including the nod and wink to the audience about how they're making a movie. ("Starring everybody- and me!")

This post modern self referencing is something I also enjoy in classic movies (heh heh, well, classic to me) like Ferris Beuller's Day Off, Sixteen Candles. (Geek to audience: "This is getting good.") and Spaceballs (Spaceballs the bedsheet!).

Break the 4th wall! Invite us in! I want to be part of the movie!

Thijs

Reaction score
I always found the Caper less favourite of the three. The Caper is so fake. Everybody always says the songs are so great. But I thnk the songs of the other two are much better. What I hate the most about The Caper is Miss Piggy swimming in the swimming pool with all those girls singing that terrible song "the first time it happens'. And I never liked it when Kermit and Miss Piggy actually fall in love. That`s too unrealistic to me. The Movie is the best of the three, with the best songs.

DLuvMuppsGonzo

Reaction score
JMO but The Great Muppet Caper is my favorite. The comedy is amazing and It keep me laughing.

beaker

Reaction score
I think I know why GMC is perhaps my least fave Muppet film next to Elmo In Grouchland...it mostly just focuses on Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo...has too many human only scenes(which wouldnt be bad except they are all these super bourgious snobby folks that are unwatchable) ...and just doesnt seem to have any message or heart. And Charels Grodin, c'mon! He was great in M@WDW though.

That said, I think even the Muppets have stated on talk shows or q & a's, etc...that the Movies are just movies. Gonzo is not an alien. Piggy and Kermit are not married.

Even the Muppet Show I think they are just acting.
The only real testament to who they actually are, again are appearences(like the walk of fame), q&a's, interviews, talk shows, etc. Just recently Kermit referred to VMC as just a movie he's promoting.