Cameo spots you loved, yay! (and hated, booo!)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Beau, the El Sleazo owner is James Cobourn.

Favorite Cameos:

The Muppet Movie - Orson Welles. It seems like they saved the best for last here. He seems to be respected by so many people. And, the scene seals the Muppets as genuine movie stars.

The Great Muppet Caper - Jerry Nelson and Christine Nelson. Their interchange always makes me smile. John Cleese is fantastic, as well. The parody on dry humor just makes me laugh.

The Muppets Take Manhattan - James Coco. He's so funny opposite Rowlf in the movie. "Snookums prefers the rubber Wall Street Journal to the rubber Washington Post." "Don't we all."

Muppet Treasure Island - Jerry Nelson. It's the only cameo in the movie, so I have to mention it. It's still fun, and it took me forever to realize that it was Jerry. I knew he made a cameo in it, but I just couldn't see the resemblance.

Muppets From Space - Scooter. It made me so happy to see Scooter come back into a Muppet movie, no matter how small the part was. "Get your Gonzo t-shirts! Right here! Ten bucks!"

It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie - William H. Macy. You can't not like Bill Macy, even though he doesn't get to be with the Muppets. (note: my real favorite cameo is in the deleted scenes. Bill Barretta as a news reporter and Kirk Thatcher as a security guard. So funny!)

The Muppet Wizard of Oz - Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire. Sure, they don't say anything, but they're there!

Michael Caine, Tim Curry and Charles Grodin are all, of course, brilliant with the Muppets!

Hmmm. I have to think about who my least favorite cameos are.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I liked the appearance of "other Muppets" (such as SS Muppets) in the Muppet Movies. Like Big Bird in TMM (I'm going to New York and try and make it in public television!) and Oscar's "very brief cameo" in GMC. And having every Muppet in existance in the wedding scene of TMTM was very cool as well.

I also love Steve Martin in TMM and John Cleese in GMC. The scene is a little dry at times, but when he calls Kermit a lizard I always crack up.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Best: Dom Delouise (TMM), Milton Berle (TMM), Steve Martin (TMM), Orson Welles (TMM), Robert Morley (TGMC), Jack Warden (TGMC), John Cleese (TGMC), Peter Falk (TGMC), Jim Henson (TGMC), Eliot Gould (TMM & TMTM), James Coco (TMTM), Billy Connolly (MTI), F. Murray Abraham (MFS), Ray Liotta (MFS), Pat Hingle (MFS) Rob Schneider (MFS), William H. Macy (IAVMMCM), David Allen Grear (MWOO)

Worst: Joan Rivers (TMTM), Brooke Shields (TMTM), Jennifer Saunders (MTI), Hulk Hogan (MFS), the Dawson Creek Kids (MFS), Molly Shannon (IAVMMCM), Kelly Rippa (IAVMMCM), Kelly Osborne (MWOO), Quinten Tarentino (MWOO)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Uh, you realize that's Scrooge's girlfriend and former fiance? that was a very important plot point in the story. Not a fan of that scene, but there's no way it can be left out.
Hehe...yes, I did realise it was her...but that scene annoys me greatly, now that it's cut, because it lacks the poiniency of the song and is just pointless and annoying. Also, I was almost joking.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Least favorite Muppet cameo:
Carson Daly in VMX. Not technically a Muppet film, but man I just don't like the guy - plus he's just so stiff-acting.
stiff, yes, but would I want to call it acting? :smile:

also, I'm stealing your format

Favorite Muppet cameo:
I always thought Joan Rivers was an inspired bit of casting.. also liked Dabney Coleman and John Cleese

Least favorite Muppet cameo:
The Dawson's Creek people in Muppets from Space
Also, I thought the Quentin Tarantino scene from MWoO was the stupidest scene the Muppets have ever done

Favorite Muppet movie Co-Star Actor:
Michael Caine far and away, though I suppose Louis Zorich from The Muppets Take Manhattan would be second

Least favorite Muppet movie Co-Star Actor:
the kid from Muppet Treasure Island and Jeffery Tambor.. I've never liked that guy

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I forgot about Pat Hingle in Muppets from Space! That was a great cameo, too!

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I loved how Steve Whitmire got to appear as a hippie in MFS and it's good to see Steve in person.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
VMC: Triumph the Insult Dog, Kelly Rippa, Molly Shannon
TMM: Mel Brooks, James Coburn, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, Dom DeLuise

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bob Hope, Beau? Really? Well, to each his own. :big_grin:

I can't pick a favorite, there's too many.

Worst was Dawson's Creek's kids, and Quentin Tarantino. They just didn't belong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Quentin Tarrintino was the only likable part of OZ, IMO.... he should have directed it. And Written it.