building a foam body

BryanS

Reaction score
That gives me a pretty good mental picture as to what my pattern should look like when its flat thanks

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Toasterboy,

That's it exactly! Thank you for the illustration....I was trying to figure a way to give him an mental image. That was perfect.

fragglerockr

BryanS

Reaction score
if im correct im going to measure out 4 pieces 1/4" of what the total roundness of the top is suppose to be and measure 1/4" of what the bottom is suppose to be.
Like this -------> ( )( )( )( ) i think i understand that these are not suppose to be 4 seperate pieces just darts at the top and bottom. am i correct ? its kinda hard to explain what im thinking but i beleive i know what u are talking about. these pieces would be 1/4 of the whole roundness when measured out. if i wanted it to be 14 1/2 around at the top. after the darts are cut it would be 14 1/2" when glued together is that right?

Sorry for all the confusion I am new to the world of making foam puppet bodies.LOL its fun though.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Bryan-

You got it. That's it. Personally I did not get the whole 'darts' thing. I did my body for my dog puppet just as a piece of 1" foam in a circle with darts at the top to make the shoulder area. I suppose you could do the same at the bottom to round it off, but I did not.

Anyway, you're on the right track!

Grant