Bruno

Pug Lover

Reaction score
How many of you remember a muppet named Bruno?He was a grey muppet with short black hair and a mean looking face,who brought a stack of gold bars to the theatre during Shirley Bassey's episode.A mean character too.He seemed to frighten Kermit in particular.I'll never forget the way Bruno shoved Kermit against the desk backstage,because he thought Kermit had taken one of the gold bars[Kermit shaking in his boots].Needless to say,Bruno made an impression on me.Though he was never a regular on the series.The only other time I recall seeing him,was during Paul Simon's episode.His appearance there was very brief.He was seen in the crowd of muppets who had gathered around Paul Simon during Paul's dressing room performance of"Still Crazy After All These Years". :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Didn't Bunsen and Beaker turn his gold into cheese in one of the Muppet Labs skits?

agger_rob

Reaction score
Wasn't Bruno also the name of the full bodied trash man that used to carry Oscar around on Sesme Street?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Paul Simon didn't sing "Still Crazy After All These Years", he sang "It's Been a Long, Long Day".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Wasn't Bruno also the name of the full bodied trash man that used to carry Oscar around on Sesme Street?
Yup, he (and Oscar) were performed by Carroll Spinney. He was devised by Carroll as a way to make Oscar a "mobile" character on Sesame Street.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
How many of you remember a muppet named Bruno?He was a grey muppet with short black hair and a mean looking face,who brought a stack of gold bars to the theatre during Shirley Bassey's episode.A mean character too.He seemed to frighten Kermit in particular.I'll never forget the way Bruno shoved Kermit against the desk backstage,because he thought Kermit had taken one of the gold bars[Kermit shaking in his boots].Needless to say,Bruno made an impression on me.Though he was never a regular on the series.The only other time I recall seeing him,was during Paul Simon's episode.His appearance there was very brief.He was seen in the crowd of muppets who had gathered around Paul Simon during Paul's dressing room performance of"Still Crazy After All These Years". :smile:
If OI remember a story nI heard once correctly, Steve Whitmire performed him. He had an incredibly hardbeing mean to Kermit, though....I THINK that's the right puppet.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Yup, he (and Oscar) were performed by Carroll Spinney. He was devised by Carroll as a way to make Oscar a "mobile" character on Sesame Street.
i remembered that bruno, especially at the end of the movie follow that bird where bruno is carrying oscar around.

ryan