Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie said:
I am a HUGE bookworm my top three favorites are:

The Hobbit
Lord OF The RIngs Series
The Redwall Series
Harry Potter Series

And right now I am reading Eyes Of The Dragon by Stephen King.
Awesome books! :cool: All among my favorites. And I loved "Eyes of the Dragon" too. I usually don't like King much because he is too violent, but that novel is fantasy, not horror, and has the advantage of King's wonderful storytelling skills without much of the gore. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
That was Shel Silverstein, another wonderful author (who unfortunately is no longer with us):frown:
I love Silverstein's writing. One of my absolute favorites. His poetry is by turns hilarious and thought-provoking, he helped the Irish Rovers rise to popularity with "The Unicorn," and "The Giving Tree" is an incredibly sweet story.

Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...I bought it at midnight the night it came out (I know I'm crazy) :crazy:
Not too crazy, I did that too - and there were an hours' worth of people in line ahead of me! :crazy:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I find I get to sleep quickly if I read from about half an hour first, it is a just a case of trying to stop reading and put out the light...must stop reading...must stop...must stop...
I often find that reading puts me to sleep. :stick_out_tongue: Not that it's boring, just very relaxing...
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
You must read different books! I like to stay on the edge of my seat with Mysteries and court room thrillers!! Wait, did I say seat? I meant edge of the bed.

*Bump*

Ok, forget it. :wink:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Ah, yes...Definitely a topic for me! I'm a MAJOR bookworm; when I was younger I used to get in trouble at school all the time for reading when I should have been listening! ...I love anything by C.S. Lewis, or J.R.R. Tolkien, (my brother's talking me into reading "The Silmarillion" after I've finished re-reading "The Hobbit" for the umpteeenth time), and I LOOVE the Princess Bride novel, I think I've read it 3 or 4 times since I got it two years ago! (If you haven't guessed, I have a tendency to re-read old favorites.) I also love Shakespeare, G.K. Chesterton, and Agatha Christie as authors. I just bought a couple of her mysteries the other day, and it had been an awfully long while since I've read any of them....I'm a sucker for mysteries...And I have a really big soft spot for children's books, does anybody else? Stuff by Judy Blume or George Selden...("Cricket in Times' Square" will ALWAYS remain one of my favorite books...) I go into the childrens' section of bookstores ALL THE TIME....Children's literature has a lot of great stuff...And like you, Erin, I am OVERFLOWING with books, and I intend to buy many, MANY more!!! (I'm getting another bookshelf b/c the one I have can't fit all my books...And it's HUGE!!!)

JamieDenny

Reaction score
My problem is that I have no idea what my favourite books are, If they made reading an Olympic sport, I'd win.
I do enjoy both Rices, Anne and Christopher. Loved Michael Moore's last one.
just finished a Jackie O biography, and A Scott Berg's book about his times with Katherine Hepburn.
Waiting for the new Kennedy biographical epic to come out in paperback.
J K Rowling re-ignited my passion for fiction.
Time Stops For No Mouse was a really sweet kids book * I sell books and that's why I get to read Kids books too, so i can recommend them and that's my story*
Wrong Rooms was a moving story about two men one of who had cancer and asked the other one to 'put him out of his misery' I cried right the way through the ending chapters.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have always loved to read. At East Ridge we would get time to do whatever we wanted. I would get somewhere nice and quite. Good memoires. Same here Manda. I need bookselves. I don't have any and If I did I would proubley need more room but right now I'm reading what I just got today at the Libarey. Its thoses Snicket books. Its the first book and the only one they had so I was glad to know they had one. I saw it here first so I thought I would see what the big fuss was about. I haven't got to far still on the first chapter. Hope it turns out like everyone had said. Most of my boos contains: Sesame Street, Dr. Seuss, Muppets and Disney and a couple of Childrens literature but thats most of what I have in books.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Ah, yes...Definitely a topic for me! I'm a MAJOR bookworm; when I was younger I used to get in trouble at school all the time for reading when I should have been listening! ...I love anything by C.S. Lewis, or J.R.R. Tolkien, (my brother's talking me into reading "The Silmarillion" after I've finished re-reading "The Hobbit" for the umpteeenth time), and I LOOVE the Princess Bride novel, I think I've read it 3 or 4 times since I got it two years ago! (If you haven't guessed, I have a tendency to re-read old favorites.) I also love Shakespeare, G.K. Chesterton, and Agatha Christie as authors. I just bought a couple of her mysteries the other day, and it had been an awfully long while since I've read any of them....I'm a sucker for mysteries...And I have a really big soft spot for children's books, does anybody else? Stuff by Judy Blume or George Selden...("Cricket in Times' Square" will ALWAYS remain one of my favorite books...) I go into the childrens' section of bookstores ALL THE TIME....Children's literature has a lot of great stuff...And like you, Erin, I am OVERFLOWING with books, and I intend to buy many, MANY more!!! (I'm getting another bookshelf b/c the one I have can't fit all my books...And it's HUGE!!!)
Sounds like we've got very similar taste in books! I LOVE children's books. Always gravitate that way first, like you. Almost all of my favorite books - pretty much all the books I read voluntarily - are children's books. The others usually are fantasy or involve the supernatural or anthropomorphism in some way. I would really like to become a published children's book author. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Snicket seems quite popular around here! I want to get the series, only read the first so far. I could just get them from the library, but I'd like to *buy* them... My aunt lent me his Unauthorized Autobiography last year. The cover and first chapter cracked me up, and after that, I had no clue what was going on. I suspect reading the rest of the series would help. :stick_out_tongue: The best line: "It was as bitter cold as hot chocolate, after vinegar has been added to it and it's been refrigerated for several hours." Something like that. Love it!
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
I almost forgot that I like alot of the RL Stin books. Just the Fear Street. Now those r sometimes creepy or just plain weird. The ones I had read were: The Orange Ooze and one about a pic that comes to life but it was pretty funny in weird a way.