1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Best Waiter Grover sketch?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by beakerfan76, Jul 31, 2010.

1. beakerfan76 Member

I apologize if this has been asked before, but what is your favorite Waiter Grover sketch? This does include other instances where Fat Blue is at another venue (Baseball stadium, his own home) rather than Charlie's or is served by someone else (Pizzeria Dos).
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

My favorite is the one where Mr. Johnson orders a hamburger. Classic.

Other favorites include:
    • Alphabet Soup
    • Picture Menu
    • Simon Soundman's Cluck-Cluck Sandwhich
    • First, Next, and Last Meals
    • #9 Special of the Day
    • Spaghetti
    • CH Sounds
    • A New Waiter

And when it comes to Mr. Johnson outside of Charlie's Restaurant...
    • Grover sends a singing telegram
    • Grover the taxi driver
    • Bakery
    • Chicken Castle
    • Grover the photographer
    • Telegram Trainee Elmo
    • Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition
    • Mr. Johnson's scenes in the "changing seasons" episode from seaosn 40
  3. beakerfan76 Member

I loved Outrageous Makeover too. That one managed to get a belly laugh out of me, not that the others didn't.
  4. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Charlie's: "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head," and the Mexican restaurant-- "GRENADAAAAAA!"

Outside Charlie's: Grover delivering the singing telegram (I'm glad someone reminded me of that one) and Grover as a wig salesman
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Sesamestreet.org has a "video queue" of waiter grover sketches, and many of my favorites I listed are on it!

Too bad it's not in chronological order (most of the "classic" sketches are at the bottom of the playlist).
  6. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

7. Son of Enik Member

I personally love the skit where The Count comes to Charlie's and orders hot dogs, not because he wants to eat them...because he wants to COUNT them! Things get really funny when Grover is bringing out plates of hot dogs for The Count (the film is sped up of course) as frantic music plays in the background. Why has no one put this bit on DVD? I am laughing now thinking about it?
  8. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

And this seems to be one of the rarest waiter Grover sketches. I don't ever remember seeing it. It's not on DVD and Sesame Workshop has never put it online. I guess you could say it is one of Sesame Street's most-requested "holy grails".
  9. vettech28 Active Member

I do love that Mexican restaurant sketch! Grover keeps going "Ole, ole, ole!" until he stomps on the food each time until the "Numero Uno" when the guitar player left on his break.
    I also love when the new waiter Pino, played by Dave Goelz, tries to be a waiter also and then it becomes a rivalry until they work together in the end. Also, Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition and the wig salesman sketch and of course, whenever he goes to Kermit's house and sells him items he doesn't really need!
    mupcollector1 likes this.
  10. dwmckim Well-Known Member

I want so badly to mention something someone else hasn't said, but let's face it - the true classics are truly classic! I knew in my head my choices when i saw the thread title and there they all are...

the BIG hamburger or the little hamburger

Mexican Restaurant (THAT SONG - "your numero quatro is all over the uh...floor-o")

Wig Salesman ("Whatever fuzz there was has gone South")

Count's hot dogs (that sped up montage at the end and of course ends so perfectly with grover fainting and Count's look at him)

Each one of these represents the writers, directors and performers at the top of their game.
  11. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Waiter Grover:the little hamburger or the BIG HAMBURGER
    Grover:when he's trying to sell stuff to Kermit(my favorite with those would be when he was trying to sell Kermit earmuffs & Grover put a big pair of ears on Kermit)
    :) (with the fake ears) :I do not believe this...I do not believe this!
    :super: yelling in Kermit's "ear" That will be 7 dollars!
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  12. mr3urious Well-Known Member

The O'Brien's Restaurant sketch is o'hilarious. :)
  13. dwmckim Well-Known Member

One of my all time fave Sesame quotes comes from that sketch:

Kermit: "I *told* you - FROGS DON'T HAVE EARS!" (smugly:) "We hear anyway."
    Katzi428 likes this.
  14. Here is my favorite.

My favorite Waiter Grover sketchs are:

* Round and tasty on a bun, Pickles, French Fries, YUM! YUM! YUM!
    * Corn on Toast
    * Alphabet Soup
    * O'Brien's Fast Food
    * Simon Soundman wants a Chicken Sandwich*
    * Grandmother's Birthday*
    * Russian Restuarant
    * Me Much Adu About Nothing (Monsterpiece Theater skit)
    * Menu picture
    * The airport restaurant (Flight 123 to South America)

Keyword: * The skits do not the feature the main customer, Mr. Johnson.

Grover has other jobs, too. Not just being a waiter, He is also:
    * A Super Hero (Super Grover).
    * A Salesman (Which Grover tries to sell things to Kermit The Frog, which Kermit the Frog does not need)
    * A Movie Theater tender (Where He did a tug-a-war with Mr. Johnson)
    * A Camp Counsiler at Camp Wannagohoma (Where he makes nonsese stuff around nature and the campers who say in unison "NO! It is not!" and corrects them on what it really is)
    * A Clothing Store Clerk (Where Mr. Johnson wanted to try on that suit where the manican is wearing)
    * A Frame Shop Clerk (Where Mr. Johnson wanted a square frame of a painting of his wife)
    * A Photographer (Where Mr. Johnson wanted to take a picture of a face)
    * A Pizza Deliverer (Where Mr. Johnson ordered a Pizza with Sausages and Mushrooms)
    * A Baseball Stadium snack tender (Which Grover knocks down Mr. Johnson while Mr. Jonhson tries to catch a fowl ball)
    A Weather forcasters

But I do love Grover as the waiter.
  15. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Pino sketch is one of my favorites. I thought it was a very funny sketch and another wonderful performance by Dave Goelz.
  16. JerRocks2day New Member

My favorites of all time include:

-Windy Day
    -Speedy Pizza
    -O Brien's Restaurant
    -Grover's map of South America
  17. MJTaylor Member

My favourite? The one about the big and little hamburgers, no doubt about it.
  18. jgidley Active Member

Buenos noches senor! Welcome to La Casa de Comidas!(that is the House of Foods in Spanish):super:
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I always liked the Fast food one. I don't remember too much about it except every time Grover sends the food out it moves too fast on the counter for the customer to get it. Then he askes for a way to get slower food Grover sends a turtle out to help him.
  20. Oh, I almost forgot another job that Grover had. An elevator operator. There were 3 Grover the Elevator Operator sketches as well.