Best of Sesame Friends DVD

Drtooth

Reaction score
It says "view and vote", but it doesn't actually provide clips or links to the clips, just images and descriptions. Most of the stuff nominated can be viewed at sesamestreet.org, and everything else can be viewed on YouTube (for now...). Considering this, I'm glad they didn't nominate anything really rare. It'd be annoying if they nominated something none of us have access to (especially not in english) and then it didn't get enough votes to be included.
There's nothing like having a physical copy... but I hope that somehow they manage to give us something deep from the archives that NO ONE has ever posted online, youtube or Sesame Street web player.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I will say this, I don't think I could ever settle on one of those Grover sketches (maybe not the Marshal Grover one); the rest are all so perfectly funny.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering the "friends" aspect, I think it'd be great if this were to include some "ensemble cast" segments. Like "The King's Nose", "The American Revolution: National Bird", "You Tickle Me", "Fuzzy and Blue", "Do De Rubber Duck", any of Prairie Dawn's pageants... Things with many of the main Muppet characters.

I wonder if I should put myself in a freeze chamber now or wait until voting is over and freeze myself until fall.... :wink:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I'm not on facebook, so can't vote, :frown: but I love the sound of it!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Currently voting ends on feburary 1. I've been hoping that every month for at least a few months they'd replace the nominated clips and let fans vote again and again. Probably won't but I'd still like it to happen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this, and here is what I think might be a good line-up for the release. Assuming that it'll have stuff not nominated, that at least one of the nominated clips for each character will be included, that some additional character clips will be included (I won't go too crazy on the old school characters) and that all winning clips will be part of the main program (as opposed to being bonus features like the winning clip on the 40th anniversary DVD), here is my wishlist.

Disc 1:
  • Bert and Ernie blow a fuse
  • Kermit and Grover "loud and soft" radio bit
  • Prairie Dawn invites/adds monsters
  • The Sound of the Letter A
  • Mumford's Levitation Magic
  • Cookies in Bed
  • Count and Cookie Monster co-operate
  • Nobody
  • Roosevelt Franklin: Traffic
  • Super Grover: Telephone
  • The Addition Game
  • the earmuff salesman
  • I'm Square
  • the King's Nose
  • Counting is Wonderful
  • Admiral Bird
  • Leslie Mostly interviews The Count
  • News: First Day of School
  • Wheels on my Feet
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur
  • Honk Around the Clock
  • That Grouchy Face
  • Two-Headed Monster: HONK
  • If I Was a Cloud in the Sky
  • Miami Mice: The Count
  • Kermit and Elmo: happy and sad
  • Forgetful Jones: brushing teeth
  • The American Revolution: National Bird
  • Best Friends Blues
Bonus Features: The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street

Disc 2:
  • Happy Tapping
  • Waiter Grover: CH Sounds
  • Just Happy to be Me
  • Ernie catches all the fish
  • Seven
  • My Name is Zoe
  • Bubble on my Snuffle
  • You Tickle Me
  • Look What Our Baby Can Do
  • The First and Last Cookie
  • Things That I Remember
  • Natasha's New Nanny
  • Share with Elmo and Zoe
  • No Matter What
  • Three Sides Now
  • The First Time Me Eat Cookie
  • Bein' Green
  • Sleep!
  • Murray and kid play detective
  • Because We're Friends
  • NasCount
  • Tu Me Gustas
  • Hurray-Hurray for Broccolli
  • I Wonder
  • Two-Headed Monster: 14
  • The Elmo Slide
  • Spider-Monster
Bonus Feature: Featurette on the main characters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another idea I thought would be cool, though I doubt it'd happen with this release, would be to focus on the evolution of all the main characters. I'd include a few segments in a row of each character, with a behind-the-scenes introduction for each character, then show character clips, mainly one for every few years. For example, for Grover, show a season one clip, then something from seasons 2 or 3, then something from the late 1970s, then one or two clips from the 1980s, then a 1990s clip or two, and then a few clips from the last decade. Or with Elmo, begin with a Baby Monster clip, then one of Elmo's season 11 clips (I'd be okay if it's something where he's hardly there, since I'd be surprised if he had any starring roles in season 11), then a "Brian Meehl as Elmo" clip, then a "Richard Hunt as Elmo" clip, then one of Kevin Clash's earliest Elmo clips, then a few 1990s clips, and then somethign from the 2000s.

I wonder if any celebrity clips will be included. No such clips were nominated, and with the focus on main characters it'd be best to avoid celebrities as much as possible (unless that celebrity is Kermit the Frog). And if the set is to include Kermit, I wonder if they'd only include material where Kermit appears alongside other main characters of if they would treat him like a regular and show something with just Kermit (or just Kermit and some minor/one-shot characters).