Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, they need to let JT die. And while we're at it, someone line up the guilliotine to fall on IC. Or as I call it, the Unwatchable Incrappable Poo. (*Bonus points if you recognize the jingle sung there).

Gargoyles at least got a third season, even if they want to call it "non-cannon".

Because it's Batman, I'll watch the premiere, especially if I've got nothing else going up against it.
YJ should have lasted longer though it feels like some half-conclusion with the team being part of JL now. And I have to give them points for the first appearance made by Static since the JLU two-part episode that leaves Bats and Jon Stewart going to the dawn of time.

The only thing I'm at least somewhat anticipating on CN is Total Drama 5 or All-Stars, or the second half with another batch of new characters.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Wish they'd bring back some of the older cartoons like Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Lab. Those were hilarious!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
They have, it's called Cartoon Planet and airs exclusively on Fridays at 8 PM EST.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I actually like how Green Lantern: TAS takes place in the deep frontiers of outer space where they explore new worlds and civilizations (a la Star Trek's "five-year mission"), and make it into something new, as contrasted to the olden days when the traditional battles would be the GL Corps vs. the Sinestro Corps. Instead, they make better use of the power rings' color spectrum: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and sapphire, representing the respective emotions of rage, avarice, fear, willpower, hope, and love, although we'll just have to wait and see if Indigo/Compassion makes its debut next season....

The Teen Titans: Go series sort of reminds me of the time CN produced the Transformers: Animated version of the franchise, since TFA was like a younger, spoofier version of the original series that gave the characters more dimension with their refitted personalities, and Ratchet's character was like a grumpier Autobot version of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy from the original Star Trek....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed, they need to let JT die. And while we're at it, someone line up the guilliotine to fall on IC. Or as I call it, the Unwatchable Incrappable Poo. (*Bonus points if you recognize the jingle sung there).
JT goes all the way back to Kid's WB. The only show they saved on that network was that one. And it was on at least 2 or 3 seasons before they sold the line up to 4Kids. Meanwhile, Spectacular Spider-Man was homeless in this country for an entire year and got canceled in the second season. At least it wasn't Loonatics that got a new life on CN. I'll take Johnny Meh over that travesty any day.

Because it's Batman, I'll watch the premiere, especially if I've got nothing else going up against it.
YJ should have lasted longer though it feels like some half-conclusion with the team being part of JL now. And I have to give them points for the first appearance made by Static since the JLU two-part episode that leaves Bats and Jon Stewart going to the dawn of time.
There has never been a bad Batman cartoon. Not in my opinion at least. Even the 1970's Filmation one with Batmite being Proto Orko. Bats is the biggest money maker in the DC universe, and he's had more success with cartoons than any Justice Leager... even Superman (who's always a one or two season wonder, except for live action TV where he excells). Half the complaints I heard are that they're giving Batman another show instead of another DC character who, let's face it, wouldn't even get a full season. A Flash cartoon would be great, but I don't see it catching on.

I'm much more annoyed about GL than Young Justice. YJ at least was 6 episodes away from a production cap anyway. There's some grand refusal to let cartoons go over 52 episodes unless they're really really popular and lucky. Why they begrudged them 6 more episodes (they so could have tied everything up in 6 episodes), is byond me. But GL... Grrrrrr.... They just lifted the Bat-Embargo on Sinestro, considering they were withholding him because of a movie they were never going to produce. It really deserved a second season and a full 52 episode series. Wal*Warts didn't want them to make a toy line, they're the same reason why Transformers Animated was cancelled (they were pushing the over order of crappy Michael Bay movie merchandise and didn't want a single TFA figure on the4 shelves). People have very political reasons for hating Wal*Mart, but they're worse than that. Their crappy little cubby hole of a toy section kills TV shows. :grr:
The Teen Titans: Go series sort of reminds me of the time CN produced the Transformers: Animated version of the franchise, since TFA was like a younger, spoofier version of the original series that gave the characters more dimension with their refitted personalities, and Ratchet's character was like a grumpier Autobot version of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy from the original Star Trek....
There's no comparison. TFA was allowed to go into dark places, they had a big and semiconsistant continuity, and generally, the show worked on that level. Mainly because it was a welcome antidote from the live action movie series. Not to mention Weird Al as an Autobot. It wasn't trying to imitate any other TF series, while making a lot of callbacks at the same time. Even redesigned Sentinel Prime to look like The Tick when they found out Townsend Coleman was to do the voice. It was a fan friendly show, but the G1 heads refused to accept it, even though it was a pretty good series. I don't see the TT show being the same. It is trying to be the 2003 series, but removing everything special about it except for the VA's. There IS a lot of comedy in DC comics, why they had to turn TT into wacky kiddy time is beyond me. What I want to see is an Aquaman series based on the Batman Brave and the Bold interpretation of the character. THAT would be a better show.

Lola p

Reaction score
I kind of want to see a series based on the Super Best Friends shorts Lauren Faust did. It was fun and well animated... It almost reminded me of PPG.

And onto Teen Titans Go: I honestly screamed a huge NO when I saw it... It's basically a mockery to the original Teen Titans Series....If you want to make a comedy based on the titans, fine. Just don't do it in the same continuity of the original show! If you want anything like the original show, BRING THE ORIGINAL SHOW BACK. We still needed a good arc on Starfire, because if memory serves, we got one on everyone else but her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This thing's going to be on tonight, so I guess I'll find it somewhere tomorrow morning.

I agree. At least with Beware the Batman, the show's intentionally different. I can't state enough that I'm on pins an needles for a series where Batman doesn't face Joker, Penguin, or anyone famous (they had enough screentime... the Joker was a center point of merchandise in the last series, despite being in a handful of episodes... he didn't even show up till the end of the first season). But Teen Titans Go is intentionally wants to be the original series with some squished down stylized humor replacing virtually everything that made it great. It's basically a gag OVA made into a TV series... and somehow, I just think in the back of my mind... someone wanted to do a Tiny Titans show and got shot down.

Basically, the fans of Young Justice and Green Lantern are ticked that those shows were dropped, and this is the series we're getting, even though it's not technically a replacement, and Teen Titans fans are ticked because they deserve a true series comeback. There certainly were a LOT of DC nation shorts that would have been better as a full TV series than this. And the producers and voice cast swear we're going to like it.

At best, I want to be proven wrong and find some small level of enjoyment in here. But Teen Titans the original series (well, the 2003 series... the actual original series was from Filmation all the way back) seems to have been much better and funnier than this kiidy adventures stuff.

Now, if you want a show like the real Teen Titans cartoon, I suggest the Nickelodeon TMNT. Why, Mikey is voiced by the same VA as Beast Boy.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
If they were going to do this why didn't they just make it in the Tiny Titans style.... O would have loved to see them in Art Baltazar's style at sidekick elementary school with Principal Slade and Darseid the Lunch Lady...and Lobo as the gym teacher....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why they didn't go for that, since it's their clear intent. Though, I must say I've never been a fan of that comic. Still, it would be a forseeably better cartoon than this.

I still hope to find some enjoyment in it though. Still wish they at least kept the original anime/FLCL style animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just watched it... how do I explain it? Since it's a Muppet site, I'll use Muppets.

This is me watching a regular comedy cartoon series, say Fairly Oddparents...

This is me watching the new Teen Titans cartoon...

And to hammer the point home...