Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm just sorry we don't have any re-releases of Series 1 coming out; cause I KNOW we would get an awesome regular Miss Piggy now!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
hahahaa

So that's the idea here... Retooling of series one... I see now. Then I totally want a retool of the original Gonzo. So that darn well better be on the drawing board. If mongoloidism can't be cured in real life, let Ken cure it for the toys!!! All the mongoloid toys!!!

Yes, I realize I had no complaints about Gonzo when he came out, but then Ken had to put out the perfect Gonzo... Grrr... Spoiled the original completely.

petrieboy

Reaction score
SwineTrek

I am disappointed to see Miss Piggy hiding behind the highest part of the cardboard package. I am a collector and do not open the box- I keep them for display. So, from the photos I have seen, I will have to view her from overhead using a flashlight to get half a glimpse. What was wrong with the open space on the left side? Will there be more of these made- can't you move her over?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm not worried at all about Stunt Gonzo being remade; he's on display on a different shelf than my other Muppet Figures are; Purple Tux Gonzo is the one I wanted made for that line-up and they DID make a perfect Gonzo. I'd love to see a GMC Gonzo and a MFS Dressed Gonzo--just not Tin Foil Gonzo! LOL!

My main deal with Series 1 being retooled is I know they could make another awesome Kermit, but mainly for a regular Miss Piggy to be made. They base making another of her on the sales of S1 Piggy, but if they make one more like they did recently, head-wise, I would bet she would sell better. I always felt that S1 Piggy was beneath even what they made in S1 with Kermit, Dr. Teeth, Labs, Beaker, and Bunsen. She's too fakey-fied, not as nice as the others!

I finally got my SwineTrek, and it is SO MUCH FUN!! LOVE this thing!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Of all the product problems I've heard in my years at Muppet Central, that's a pretty small one. It appears taht people are really digging the set. But yeah, I do understand what you're saying. You can look down in there and see her, but sealed on a shelf it's kinc of useless. I have a MIB version and a display version. Too good to pass up with this set.

Was watching MFS the other day and noticed the jazzy tux jacket and outfit Gonzo wore in the jacuzzi party scene. I'd love to see that outfit. Who knows if it's likely or not - I just like it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have found in my research that the costume designers for the Muppets really earn their salary. Yeah, in the Muppet Movie and Caper some characters appeared to wear the same outfits throughout, but they are very careful about that now.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Yo, Frogboy.
This is hardly a small problem. What's the point in having a character you can't see? Maybe you don't care because you open the packaging- but in order for you to relate to what I said, you need to imagine that you are a collector who does not open packaging, and that this is all you'll ever see of First Mate Piggy. If this Miss Piggy were released as a separate figure and hidden the way she is in the SwineTrek playset she wouldn't sell very well, and she would make a horrendous display item. Of course ,most Muppet fans fans seem to dig it... they open it and play with it. I said nothing against the quality of the set- I bashed the display set up. And it deserves bashing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's precisely the point. The set itself has received few criticisms and I find that fantastic.

The packaging, on the other hand - though you can still see Piggy in the pack from head to toe if you look at it from numerous angles, it would be better if they'd move her to the left where you didn't have to do so. She is not totally concealed so I don't find it a particularly great issue. As I said, I have two Pigs in Space sets in my collection. One in the box, the other out of it. Out of all the QC issues, that's a very small one in general. I don't see why the decision was made, but can see why it would annoy you. :smirk:

Luke

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
Yes, I realize I had no complaints about Gonzo when he came out, but then Ken had to put out the perfect Gonzo... Grrr... Spoiled the original completely.
The original Gonzo sculpt wasn't bad, but the paint was very dodgy. The factory messed up the process, it was supposed to look different. That completely ruined it for me unless I was standing at least 5 feet back from the figure wearing shades. The second version they did a LOT better, but still some problems (again factory) so hopefully when they get around to doing the next ones they will be even better.

I will be getting the MTI two-pack (although hope hats won't be glued on) but the next Tux version doesn't interest me ... although i'm happy for those who do want it. The chickens are tempting me though ... :wink: What i'd really like is a modern Gonzo, Jazzy tux version, and yeah - Jacuzzi MFS Gonzo as the Vacation version will be fantastic if it happens.