Ask Florence Henderson

David French

Reaction score
On Florence Henderson's official web site, there is a section where you can ask Florence any question you like, so I decided to ask her some questions about her TMS appearance, and I've only just received the answers, so I thought I'd share them with you.

Q: How were you approached to do in the show in the first place?
A: Jim Henson asked me to appear on the Muppet Show and I was thrilled as I knew him from the Today Show.

Q: Did you choose the two songs you sang on the episode (they were "Elusive Butterfly" and "Happy Together")?
A: Jim chose "Elusive Butterfly" and I chose "Happy Together".

Q: How much of your laughing throughout the show was acting and how much of it was real? The reason I ask is because while looking at the reactions of other Guest Stars, I get the impression that they tended to corpse as though they suddenly realized the incongruity of the situation they were in (eg singing along with the Muppets as though it was a normal, everyday situation).
A: The laughter was real and I loved the Muppets, especially Kermit and Miss Piggy. To me they were absolutely real.

I hope to ask Florence some more questions later in the year, and if/when I get a reply I'll post them here.

David French

Reaction score
I plan on asking Florence Henderson some more questions, only this time what I thought I might do is include your questions as well. So, if you have a question you would like to ask Florence concerning her work with the Muppets just post it here and then when I send my question off to Florence I'll include them as well. Make sure you include your name so I can credit you for your question - you can choose either your handle or your real name. I'll give you say a week to two weeks to post your questions before I send my email.

Nostalic

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if there was anything she wanted to do with the Muppets that she didn't get to do.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Maybe Florence could guest star as a host on AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MUPPET. Ask her that! Please!! :smile: Also, ask her if she can appear on a new episode of TMS if they make the new ones! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I don't have any Muppet questions, but if you could, tell her she did a great job on putting that really annoying Tawny Kitaen in her place on the last season of VH1's Surreal Life. Man that great, and Florence was just being herself.