1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2009.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Just curious, did Slink ever have any dialogue after his short stint with that Toby guy?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't even remember Slink being on the show after Toby, but apparently he, for some reason, became a member of the Tough Customers at some point after the show had already started going down hill.
  3. Mo Frackle

Yeah, from what I remember, he was basically there for Tough Customers atmosphere.
  4. D'Snowth

And on that same token... what did ever happen to Toby? I seem to recall him being seen in the background a small number of times as an extra, but that's about it.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I actually think Slink has had some very minor lines, like maybe one line in a few episodes, but I actually can't pinpoint any O_0

I don't even recall seeing Toby as a background character after his appearance :/
  6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Same goes for Bob's Burgers. I can't even tell that it's animated with Flash most of the time due to so few motion tweens. KaBlam! managed to look more fluid as well, and that was from 1996!
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

8. Sgt Floyd

9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

And you call yourself a Slink fan?

Slink has had multiple lines after the appearance...nothing major, but he has had a good amount of lines.

You're right, Toby was never seen after that appearance.
  10. Sgt Floyd

What I meant was that I can't think of any actual quotes :p

Maybe I could if they played those episodes on tv more often :p
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like Slink has appeared in a ton of episodes...
  12. Sgt Floyd

Yes, I know, hence my comment about them needing to show those episodes more :p
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Bob's Burgers got an animation bump in the second season. The animation looks even better. There were some little lagging bits here and there the first few episodes, but now it looks like it's completely hand drawn. But then again, Bob's Burgers is the type of show that would work if it were stiff, (like Aqua Teen Hunger Force) but it wants to look as well animated as anything else in the line up.

And yes, you can do hand drawn in flash. Most people stick to libraries of expressions (killing off the need for extreme, unique expressions) and motion tweens. But you can draw things frame by frame into the computer and animate it like a cel drawn animation.
  14. Drtooth

Oh... Sarge... U like Slink?

And there's an episode that's going to be called "The Last Tough Customer," so that's a good sign you might just see him yet.

Actually... the episode names the added sound much better than the initial crop. And they all seem to deal with Arthur's friends, not D.W.'s.
  15. D'Snowth

Oh Dr Too-ooth! Guess who's gonna be seen on the show again this upcoming season? I'll give you a hint: he appeared along D.W. in your very most favorite musical episode ever. :halo:
  16. Mo Frackle

You mean the Dewey guy is going to be on the show?

Seriously, Brain's cousin again? Hooo boy. Hopefully (probably) it won't be a musical.
  17. D'Snowth

Who's Dewey?
  18. Mo Frackle

I forgot. Isn't he that guy that lives with Arthur and D.W., and has a habit of baking off-the-wall goodies?
  19. Drtooth

AS long as they don't friggin' sing. Though, it's not too hard to guess that he's probably going to get his own episode next season.
    Seriously... I wanna see Arthur's friends, not D.W.'s friends. Other than the Tibbles, they're very dull.
  20. Mo Frackle

I'm not sure who is more dull, D.W.'s friends or Baby Kate's friends.