Are toy bubble pipes politically correct?

salemfan

Reaction score
I've bought these toy pipes where one places a small ball into the bowl and blow and the ball hovers as the user blows. Where do you think those originated?

salemfan

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
On a related note, they took away Mr. Potato Head's pipe in the 80's because they thought it encouraged smoking.

In the Popeye television cartoons from the 80's, aside from being forbidden to punch people anymore, Popeye had to make a point of saying that he only used his pipe to toot with, not smoke.
They also might have been wary about showing certain Monsterpiece Theater skits because Alistair Cookie had a pipe.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw an episode of Jimmy Neutron recently where one of the characters has a bubble pipe. I think it was jimmy, but I'm not sure...

What episode was this, or isit all in my mind?

Drtooth

Reaction score
>>On a related note, they took away Mr. Potato Head's pipe in the 80's because they thought it encouraged smoking.<<

I actually have one of those somewhere... and I mean recently. I lost the entire rest of Mr. Potatohead, but I still have the pipe.

Anyway, I notice that in children's shows they tend to make characters smoke bubble pipes in liu of the real thing. They also have chocolate or buble gum cigars, or sometimes even a hot dog. In One Piece, a character's cigarette has been digitally altered to become a lollypop.

I still would like to see more villains smoke, since I feel if a badguy did it, it'd be a bad example.