Anyone notice any cuts in Oz?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Actually I plan to hitchhike Sweetums-style to Memphis just 'cause you offered earlier.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'll be the hairy one running down the street, lugging the oversized suitcase, yelling "I wanna go to Memphis!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll be the fuzzy one in an old Woody heading somewhere to become rich and famous! :smile: :embarrassed:

And MAN! Have I caused this thread to be muffined way off topic?

Muppets Wizard of Oz when it was on TV wasn't that great of a film and I felt a little disappointed by it. But, on DVD it was fantastic and a much better movie! I hope folks who saw the TV show and hated it will rent the DVD and give it one more shot.

peyjenk

Reaction score
And MAN! Have I caused this thread to be muffined way off topic?
Yeah, sorry about that... For the record, I'm not some crazy, psychotic stalker, although I know that I could never prove that based on this thread. :batty:

Anyway. Muppet Wizard of Oz. Yes, a bit disappointing, especially since Oz is one of my favorite book/movie/story things ever (I am as ravenous about Oz as I am about the Muppets, and my respective collections prove it). When I was a kid (14? 15?) and you could still send emails to the folks at JHC through their website, I wrote and asked why they didn't do a Muppet version of Wizard of Oz.

But anyway... I was quite excited when the movie came on TV, and yes, like everyone else, I was a bit disappointed (but it was one of those times when you really are disappointed, but you try to pretend that you aren't. Know what I mean?). I still liked it, but was let down.

The DVD was good--much better--but it still doesn't feel the way a Muppet Oz movie should feel. It just misses some bit of heart from the Oz story and some bit of zaniness from the Muppets. It's hard for me to articulate, but do you get what I mean? :confused: