Another Muppet Comic Shocker

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to this wiki article and This Tough Pigs interview Guest Stars will NOT be the next story arc. Which also explains why "Family Reunion" was bumped up. There's no real reason that was given, other than it was a strategic choice. Seems the next arc will involve monsters.

dmoss

Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. I wonder if the arc would have included human guest stars, or if maybe they were trying to get clearance for some Sesame Stars, perhaps... :super: Maybe if that was the case, there were issues with allowing the characters into the stories...?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. I wonder if the arc would have included human guest stars, or if maybe they were trying to get clearance for some Sesame Stars, perhaps... :super: Maybe if that was the case, there were issues with allowing the characters into the stories...?
Eh eh... the "guest stars" were originally scripted to be public domain historic and literary figures. Sherlock Homes and Dr. Frankenstein to name a few. There was never any intent on having actual celebrities (and since they're just drawings, does it even count?) and there is no doubt any Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock characters are off the table.

dmoss

Reaction score
Never say never...would you ever have thought that they'd get clearance to use Skeeter? :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They OWN Skeeter. They just could have had the right to say, "She didn't appear in anything besides the Muppet Babies, and as she is not considered canon. We wish to keep Muppet babies and The Muppet Show separate." With Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock,. they would have to pay other companies for their usage. And since FR is being published by another comic company, there's always that to consider.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not shocked by the news of the Guest Stars storyarc being canled. I'm more shocked over something else said in the interview.

At one point, Langridge confirms that the two heavenly beings are not actually Statler and Waldorf (no, that's not the shocking part). He says that they seem to share their looks with others, citing the residents of Little Statwald and the executives in the Pigs in Space one-shot. Now we're at the shocking part... I thought the executives were supposed to be Statler and Waldorf. The relatives in "On the Road", that's obvious. The angels, maybe a little obvious to some... But those executives? While Statler and Waldorf aren't known for such roles, who would think that they are meant to be different people without being told?

I hope that this Muppet Mash series works in appearances by every existing Muppet Show monster (and maybe also Carl). I will be disapointed if Doglion and Timmy don't make their TMS comic book debuts by the last issue of that (or should I be saying "by the first issue after Muppet Mash"?).