"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

P

Philip Kippel

OverUnderAround said:
And it's kind of obvious that this isn't happening at all with the Disney sale under the leadership of Bob Eiger. So I would imagine that privately the Henson family is disappointed with Disney's lack of action.
PLEASE STOP THE FINGER-POINTING ALREADY!!! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS IGER-BASHING AND ALL THAT!!!:mad:

Stop blaming the Muppets' current lack of new things on Bob Iger. Besides, Iger's been doing a good job in getting the Disney company back on track and repairing the tons (and I mean TONS) of damage that Eisner did during the second half of his tenure.

Disney's a large company, you know, and they have LOTS of other priorities to worry about (straightening out creative partnerships that Eisner alienated like the ones with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, getting rid of all the bad executives that Eisner hired, getting the theme parks back on track, etc.).

The Muppets WILL get attention again once they get all the other things taken care of. Give them time, please.

Besides, many of you seem to complain that the Muppets aren't doing much lately, yet often times when they come out with a new production or whatever, you bash it and insult it blindly!

I hate it when people look at Disney as a company that can't do anything right anymore. So, please, stop flaming them.:cry:

I just had to get that off of my chest. Feel free to beat me up now.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
PLEASE STOP THE FINGER-POINTING ALREADY!!! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS IGER-BASHING AND ALL THAT!!!:mad:

Stop blaming the Muppets' current lack of new things on Bob Iger. Besides, Iger's been doing a good job in getting the Disney company back on track and repairing the tons (and I mean TONS) of damage that Eisner did during the second half of his tenure.

Disney's a large company, you know, and they have LOTS of other priorities to worry about (straightening out creative partnerships that Eisner alienated like the ones with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, getting rid of all the bad executives that Eisner hired, getting the theme parks back on track, etc.).

The Muppets WILL get attention again once they get all the other things taken care of. Give them time, please.

Besides, many of you seem to complain that the Muppets aren't doing much lately, yet often times when they come out with a new production or whatever, you bash it and insult it blindly!

I hate it when people look at Disney as a company that can't do anything right anymore. So, please, stop flaming them.:cry:

Philip, I understand where you're coming from, but this is a Muppet forum, where we discuss the good and bad of what has transpired with the Muppets over the years.

We are here because we love the Muppets and the people that created them and perform them. And for those of us that love the Muppets our priority is to see that the Muppets get back on track regardless of whatever other thing Disney is doing to correct themselves.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
This is disappionting even if it was like a two hour special would be acceptable

Marky

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

... and you know this because you are... who?

BEAR

Reaction score
treborgahkor said:
I am a parent of young children and I was really upset at the implications made in the show and I was also upset to see the racial stereotyping and "untyping" that was used.
Sorry, but what "racial stereotyping" are you talking about?

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sorry, but what "racial stereotyping" are you talking about?

Guess some people need to smoke a little less pickle weed!

BEAR

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:

Thank you! I appreciate you saying this because I'm getting a bit annoyed by it myself. I'd like to see the Muppets live on just as much as everyone else, but some of these folks have been way too harsh. Complaints when the Muppets have not done anything and then when they do come out with a new project, it gets ripped apart instead of being appreciated for the effort. It seems Disney can't ever do anything right. They are always to blame for everything. Not just with the Muppets but with a lot of things. The criticism has not always been very constructive or supportive from what I've seen.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure that's actually a plant. But getting back on this topic for a second. People only bash Disney(whoever's running it) because there hasn't been many things that have to do with the Muppets since they bought the rights to them. They may have other things to worry about, but the fact is that they hire other people to make that happen. It's not just this guy running things. I'm pretty sure they have a person in charge of theme-parks, and more people in charge of various things. I'm not blaming this guy, I'm blaming Disney in general, I guess that's why ABC is dead last and it truely in the toilet.

Daniel

Robin

Reaction score
ah?... huh..huh... He said "Pickle Weed"... huh.. huh huh...thats like awesome!!!:sing: