Academy Awards

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet

On the other hand, I'm still thrilled that Spirited Away won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. :big_grin:

-Kim
Speaking of which, is this movie supposed to be coming out to video and DVD soon? I keep hearing about it and really want to see it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nate is exaclty right, They just hoped it wouldn't go that way.

I actually think Lose Yourself was one of the better songs. I'm not a big Eminem fan and think he's kind of a phony, but it was a song that inspired many people (aside from his usual antics). I would have rather seen Chicago get that. But, hey! Eminem is getting less and less to complain about! LOL! It's worth it just for that. Maybe he'll whine about being too successful next. :zany:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Speaking of which, is this movie supposed to be coming out to video and DVD soon? I keep hearing about it and really want to see it!
Yup. April 15th is the release date. I'm tempted to get it on both VHS and DVD :big_grin:

-Kim

Manda:-D

Reaction score
[B
Oh, that so cheezed me off last night. In my opinion Paul Simon's "Father and Daughter" deserved that Oscar; heck, any of the other nominees deserved that award more than Eminem. He does not need the ego boost.
-Kim [/B]
Oh, I KNOW!!! I was SOO ticked to hear Paul Simon didn't win the Oscar for "Father and Daughter" that's SUCH a beautiful song!!! Eminem did NOT deserve it. :mad:

radionate

Reaction score
I will say this in support of the ceramony last night. There were a few commercials I saw that made me laugh harder then I have in a long long time.

Much better then the "Stupidbowl".

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Presenters were told they couldn't, but they did anyway. Winners were told they could say anything they wanted, as they had earned that time.
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up, Nate. Although judging from the reactions, we all wish that some winners had applied a little thing called "restraint" in their acceptance speeches.

Although we'll have to add Adrien Brody to the list of most interesting reactions to winning the Best Actor Oscar. I mean, how many other recpients have kissed the presenter of the award full on the mouth? Dipping them, even?

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score

Oh, that so cheezed me off last night. In my opinion Paul Simon's "Father and Daughter" deserved that Oscar; heck, any of the other nominees deserved that award more than Eminem. He does not need the ego boost.
I mean, the race was really between Paul Simon, Kanders and Ebb (Spelling? I'm bad att this Radionate, you're our expert) and U2... but Eminem? Mr. Swears melt in your ears, not in my head? The movie was a freakin' ego trip for him. He is so phoney. "Grew up on the streets?" the streets of upper Hamchester or North Snobblebrook (or one of those sort of towns) perhaps....

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Why do I always miss these things? Why WHY WWWWWWWWWHY??? I am such a bad surfer. I need to have my fingers amputated. Fume, Whine, Angry stomping:boo:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
why is everybody making remarks about eminem? i mean geez, let the man live for crying out loud. yeah sure people don't like him, but people have different tastes for different people. ya i'm not a big eminem fan, and i didn't think he was that good until i saw 8 mile. then i started to respect him and what he means and represents in the music industry. but that does not mean i'm an eminem fan. besides, i like diversity at the oscars. ya u2 is great, and so is paul simon, but having eminem win an oscar shows that the academy awards are trying to change what people think about the show. i mean, if u2 would have won, people would have said that's cool, and would have not made any big deal. but with eminem, the academy is trying to spice things up a bit, and that's the way to go in my opinion.

ryan

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Hello did anyone else see a room full of people clap and cheer for a pedophile last night? Not only is Roman Polanski a pedophile, but he is a fugitive from the law and a coward. I was disgusted. Same as last year when Woody (I love my teenage stepdaughter) came out on stage and they clapped and cheered for him. Nothing can take away what they did. If the people who kidnapped elizabeth smart make a movie should we clap for them too?