A Sesame "dream come true" story

Mokeystar

Reaction score
A few days ago, someone made a posting about what "Sesame" things they'd look for if ever given the opportunity to go to New York City. Well, I wanted to share my memory that kind of relates to this. I'll try to give you the condensed version. :smile:

When I was a child, there was nothing more in the world that I wanted to do than to be on Sesame Street or even just visit New York. Given that I lived over 3,000 miles from my desired spot, the closest I ever got to Sesame Street was on my T.V. However, last summer, at the tender age of 33, my dream finally came true. No, I didn't get to go on SS, but I finally did get the chance to visit New York. My husband and I drove across the nation and back just so I could see a Con Edison manhole cover (ha ha) and the Brooklyn Bridge. I even got a chance to meet my dear friend and Sesame guru, Fuzzygobo from New Jersey, which, in my opinion was the ultimate highlight of the whole trip.

Even though we kept getting stuck going over the Queensborough Bridge a million times while trying to find our way out of the city, it was a great experience. I kept joking, saying that the spirit of Sesame is calling me to Queens. We should just surrender and go. It's destined to be! :smile:

During the very short amount of time I was there, I was just in a state of Sesame bliss, being able to see a few things that I only dreamt about seeing as a child. And I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

teebs

Reaction score
Hey, that's great! It's cool that you got a chance to fulfill a childhood dream. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

:sing: