A Collection of Muppet One-Shots

Bridget

Reaction score
Bonjour everyone, Bridget here. I had it in my mind a while ago that I wanted to try to do a one-shot, just to see how it goes. I figured that it would be fun every now and then to do a story where it doesn't necessarily have to be continuous. This is my very first Muppet One-Shot, and I wanted to know if it was any good. Let me know!

~Bridget~

Sunsets
(A Kermit and Piggy One-Shot)
By KissesToKermie

I looked into her eyes and melted away in the ocean of blue. I felt at home looking into those eyes; they glistened like a rare diamond shining from afar. Her hair was like the color of a fresh summer sun, and flowed down her back in quiet waves. Piggy’s entire appearance was by far more breathtaking than the beautiful sunset that we were both watching from the field. She was in fact so appealing, that it put an obstacle at my heart to formulate the appropriate words to describe her beauty. I didn’t know what to say, nor could I find words fitting enough to cover everything.
“Wow, you look great,” I said nervously; my hands feeling as if they were sweating on hers. ‘Thank goodness for the gloves’ I said in my mind, wishing to take back my dry understatement.
Piggy was holding my flipper in her lap protectively, blushing away. I wanted to throw a little, playful joke at her- letting her know that it was clearly visible. However, the rouge color beaming from either side of her cheeks brought out the elegance of her long, spring, tank dress so well. I just couldn’t bring myself to say so. She looked down at the mellow grass surrounding the cream colored blanket we were sitting on, and let out the most adorable little giggle.
“Well moi am an expert in the ‘looking great’ department, haha,” she replied sweetly. She then turned her face around to meet mines, with heavenly watery eyes. “Vous are looking tres handsome tonight yourself, Kermit. As always…” she trailed off in a dreamy tone. My heart leaped, and a faint smile appeared across my face at her words. It was easy to see, hear, and feel that she wanted to treasure each and every last remaining moment of the night together, and so did I. My finger pointed out the single, first star of the night that I could spot glittering in the sky. It was the closest thing that surrounded us that I could compare her to.
“How did your eyes get way up there?” I chuckled reluctantly. It was pretty cheesy. But, maybe meaning behind it would mean more to her. Obviously, it must have, judging by her touched expression.
“Oh Kermit,” she began blissfully. “You are such a charmer. I would compare you to something, but there are just so many beautiful green things in nature that I just couldn’t-“she paused to take a little sigh. “But you are the only green thing in the world that means most to moi. Even money does not come close to your value.”
“Ya sure about that?” I playfully teased her with a laugh. Piggy giggled as well and cupped her hand around my chin romantically.
“Positive. I would rather suffer endless nights with you that have all of the money in the world Kermit. I wouldn’t say so if it were not true.”
I had already known that Piggy was serious the first time, but hearing her mean it again made her words all the more special. It wrapped me in this warm blanket, and made me want to be stronger for the both of us. It was true that I had the tendency to set our relationship to the side, and forget to pick it up again later. But whenever we did have moments such as this, it helped me to improve my role as not only her frog friend, but as her best friend. Many people tend to look at Piggy as one who is extremely self-centered and uptight, when the truth is, all she ever wanted her entire life was someone to love her who wouldn’t ever leave. I remember when she had first told me the heartbreaking story of her childhood, and how I had to fight my tears back with everything I had. She’s been through endless nights, deep struggles, and heartbreaks from a lot of different people. And though I had realized it before, I found it even more important now to try to be the best friend to her as possible. After all, what is life when you don’t have someone to stand beside you until it’s over?
“Piggy,” I began trying to find the words. My heart was beginning to beat a little faster by the minute, but Piggy put it at ease with her soothing voice.
“Yes mon capitaine?” she batted her eyelashes, and held my hand even tighter.
“I, I really love you. I really do. I- I guess what I’m trying to say is, all I want is to try to make you happy. Because, well, you’re my best friend you know?” hopefully she did know. Why was it still so hard for me to express my feelings for her, even though we had been together for years? What was I so afraid of, and why? Maybe I wanted the words to be good enough. But, the truth is, no words will ever be good enough to describe a friend that you have been through everything with. And, I was just beginning to realize that, at that exact moment. Piggy sighed, and beamed even more. I loved seeing her smile, it was like finding golden treasure.
“Oh Kermit, I know that,” she said to me. “You know, before I laid eyes on you, I used to search for love in so many different places. Because I-“she paused to swallow. She was a very professional actress on stage, but heart-to-heart, Piggy could get emotional when talking about her past life. But, who wouldn’t? She’s been through a tough struggle. “I guess I just wanted someone or something to fill that little empty space in my heart. I looked everywhere for it, and each time I thought that I finally got it right, I had it wrong…” she trailed off with a tiny sniff, but no tears. I could tell that she was doing her best to keep it in, but the truth was, I didn’t want her to keep it in. I was here for her, and no matter how hard the tears fell, I could catch them and comfort her. Piggy turned her head to the side and made a little high pitched whine. I scooted even closer, and wrapped my arm around her waist.
“It’s alright Piggy,” I told her softly, to ease her mind.
“The people that I thought were so close to me, just ended up taking advantage of me. At one point Kermit, I felt as if nothing would ever get better- ever. I wanted to just give up on everything that I desired. Because, I felt as if my dreams would never come true, and so did everyone that I knew. But, right when I felt like giving up, I met vous.”
Piggy looked me once again in my eyes, as if I were her angel sent from above. It was one of those destined looks, and I knew that it meant that we met each other at the right time. It was true; we were both going through some serious problems in our lives when we had reallymet for the first time. Our first movie together had some of the facts right- as far as the pageant and stuff. But what really went on behind the studio doors were between me and her- and sometimes the press if they heard tell. Though it seemed as if Piggy and I were in opposition to one another during those times, the truth was, we were closer than ever then. Sure we had our arguments and our fights, but we never stoppedloving each other. No matter how terrible things got, we never lost love- and I think that’s what brought us so much closer now.
“Aw Piggy, I feel the same way. I know I’m no prince or anything, but, I can say that I felt like one when you came into my life. I know that it took a long time for me to admit it, and I’m sorry for that. But now, I can really say that I’ve always loved you. And I do need you more than anyone. I think that you’re the lover to the dreamers and me. Ha-ha.”
She leaned into my face and gave me a very surprising kiss on my lips with a very mushy after sound, and smiled in my face. Though it was quite shocking in the middle of our conversation, I have to say, that I really needed it then. And I liked it.
“You made me want to push harder, and not give up no matter what. I have always loved that about you Kermie- you never give up on your dreams. Apart from my tribulations, you have definitely been the other motivation in my life to keep pushing. “Merci…” stated Piggy in an honest and romantic tone.
I dug deep into my mind trying to remember what the term “Merci” meant, and was reminded that it was French for thank you. At that second, it made me feel good to know that I had made a difference in her life. There was no better feeling than making other people happy- and Piggy and I could both relate to that. I rested my head where her shoulder was, and looked up at the sky that was now a midnight blue. It didn’t matter how late it was to me- I could honestly look at the stars all night. And I was sure that Piggy wouldn’t mind either. I took a deep breath in relaxation.
“You’re welcome Piggy. Thank you too- for never giving up on me. I know that sometimes I don’t always recognize you for everything that you do- but I really appreciate you. You’re always helping me with anything that I may need, and just a great friend and person. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. And if no one else in the world, I’ll always be by your side.”
“Really?” she said cutely. “Well, if you will always be by my side, may I see a ring for proof?” she giggled. It was a little hard to tell if she was just teasing or serious, but nonetheless I couldn’t just shake her question off. I stuttered a bit over my words.
“Well I, It’s not that I don’t want to, I just-“ I stopped to think about how to phrase it. “I mean of course I will buy you a ring, but, we’re always going to be married in our hearts you know. A ring means nothing if there’s no chemistry. And, I think we’re-“
“Made for each other?” she finished me off sincerely. I was so thankful of the fact that she chimed in, because otherwise, I would be rambling on for the rest of the night.
“Yeah, made for each other,” I said with a smile. Her arm had now made its way around my waist, and we were sitting like the best of friends. “And we always will be. I promise,” my heart leaped once again when I said that. And it felt great to feel committed.
Oh Kermie,” her soothing voice brought heat into my body. “So will I.” She pointed at a very eye-catching constellation of stars that gathered behind a tree. I sat up to see what she was attempting to point out to me. “This love was meant to light the stars, but when we touched, we made it ours…” she sung out of the blue, just as she had before. She now closed the lavender windows to her eyes of water, and put her head close to me. I chuckled and chimed in.”
Never before, and never again.