90's style guide sold on ebay

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Good thought muppetperson,

I hadnt thought of that.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
According to the feedback, it was Member gobeywobey that bought the guide!

Anyone know who that is?

Chris

Dearth

Reaction score
Nuh, Disney would already have a copy.
It's entirely possible that an individual in the Disney organization might seek out a reference for their personal perusal instead of digging through their labyrinthine archives.

I've had some dealings with folks in the Disney organization, including a chance to interview three of the Imagineers who worked on the original incarnation of Star Tours.

Let's see... after requesting photos which had been used in past press releases, I was told they didn't have copies of those magazine articles on hand, and they asked could I provide scans for their archives. (One of the magazine articles in question was a 1987 two-issue piece penned by three Imagineers!) So Disney's archives now have several items with the watermark 'from the collection of Alex Newborn'.

When they did provide me with photos for the article, my liaison did not know the names of the droids in the pictures (despite G2-4T and G2-9T's names being written on the sides of their heads) and could not tell the difference when some of those shots were from the Tokyo ride, despite completely different environments behind them.

A couple of years later, when the head of Disney Merchandising wanted to know the name of one of the Ewoks seen in the Star Tours pre-boarding video, he was put in touch with me. I provided him with as much info as possible, and he told me "Thank you, you've saved me a trip to the Archives!"

He later sent me the set of action figures he'd been working on as a surprise thank-you... it was the five-figure Park-exclusive set which included 'Kaink', the Ewok that I'd identified for him.

Based on these experiences, I could easily see a scenario when someone working for the Mouse might go to an outside source for info, including buying something off eBay.

Just my two cents.

Alex

muppetperson

Reaction score
According to the feedback, it was Member gobeywobey that bought the guide!

Anyone know who that is?

Chris
All what I could see is that it is someone from The United States and the ID was changed from gobywoby,and nobody has any of those names as a member on this forum,but is a member of a coin or stamp forum, and could be an Artist, as the person done a book review on ebay and commented that it would be good for aspiring Artists.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
What else is in the guide Danny, anything else of interest, I did think a lot of the stuff was in the 2005 guide? Is it like a A4 ringbinder size?
It's been ages since I lasted looked, I have to check. From what I can remember is that they are no photos just drawings and there's about 30? pages. The style guide covered only a few Muppet characters: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and Rowlf. The size of the ringbinder is a bit bigger than A4 because some of the pages were A3 folded in half.