25th anniversary card released?

Luke

Reaction score
I'd prefer them to be small and healthy, than large and sick. I think thats what you have to really think about. If they don't have the shows in production and the real popular brands then i don't see what giving them massive resources would achieve - they are doing fine right now. All they need to do is take things steady, build on things and have non-Muppet projects to fall back on, and then get the Muppets out there as long as the nostalgia bubble stays unpopped. There's lots of people who say the Muppets aren't nostalgia (although i think to an extent they are) but eitherway the nostalgia crowd gives their ratings a boost. Nowdays there's no need to have such a large staff and offices - you can rent places and get freelancers in easily. Disney .... well they're just Disney ! :rolleyes:

scarecroe

Reaction score
So when are these jokers gonna take down the fan creations and show us what the real cards look like?

I mean, at 80 cents a card - 30 cents more than I'd pay for a package of 6 cards - I expect to get higher quality craftsmanship than that.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree - they are way too expensive. If i'm paying that much and they are 'limited edition' i'd want the batch numbered AND know how many they're limited too. At this price the anniversary logo should be gold embossed or something. Even the really collectible sets with some original artwork like some Harry Potter or LOTR stuff comes in cheaper than this per card.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'd prefer them to be small and healthy, than large and sick. I think thats what you have to really think about. If they don't have the shows in production and the real popular brands then i don't see what giving them massive resources would achieve - they are doing fine right now. All they need to do is take things steady, build on things and have non-Muppet projects to fall back on, and then get the Muppets out there as long as the nostalgia bubble stays unpopped. There's lots of people who say the Muppets aren't nostalgia (although i think to an extent they are) but eitherway the nostalgia crowd gives their ratings a boost. Nowdays there's no need to have such a large staff and offices - you can rent places and get freelancers in easily. Disney .... well they're just Disney ! :rolleyes:
You know, I think I lost site of what you are saying. Does JHC need a large high rise like Disney or the WWE with a big ol Kermit head at the top? NO! I guess it comes down to the fact JHC are special...I mean the JHC folks Ive met seemed unlike any corporation big wigs Ive met!(Ya dont see Eisner at Disneyana cons) I guess it is just a balance ya know? Between gigantor conglomorate and struggling corporation. So youre right, it is inherently special/cooler JHC can be how they are and have made so much noise in 2002. Let's hope the trend continues!

As for the cards, man...between me, Jamies, and others photoshop creativity we could come up with our own set of NEW trading cards, calendars, etc. You know, that is what we should do in 2003. For all the artists folks on here, we should put together something. Youve all seen Jamies hand drawn flash stuff, and youve seen my Meeptrix hand drawn thingymabobber.
Since JHC doesnt wanna make any more parody shots, maybe we can? I mean the 1993 parody trading cards blow these expensive stinkers out of the water!^_^

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Wish I had the time. We all could get better screen caps than these card pictures. They don't look professional at all. However, I do like seeing the Muppet signatures.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...You know what "I'D" like to have? I think I would enjoy some Muppet Cards and Merchandise created by JHC Employee in the graphics dept by the name of Jamie.

HINT HINT HENSON FOLKS WHO READ THESE FORUMS!!!!! HIS MONICKER IS FROGBOY4!! HE IS MUCH BETTER THAN WHOEVER IT IS YOU HAVE WORKING THERE NOW.

And I'm not a bad puppeteer...hint hint, again...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah - Muley would make a great Muppet!

beaker

Reaction score
Guys, I wish we could ALL(at least the people serious about it)
could work at JHC. I want to see Jamie working for JHC in the graphics department by the end of 2003...I wanna see Warrick in there with his great puppets, I myself have a thousand and one ideas I know would blow away some folks...and yes, I think Kevin would fit in well there as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've always thought of 'myself' as kind of a Muppet.

Just watch those hands!!