2007 "Hairspray" Movie?!

Andy

Reaction score
I didn't think HAIRSPRAY as a musical was a good idea until I heard the demo tracks on the website back in 2002, now it's a favorite musical of mine.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
There are many sites, including mine, on HAIRSPRAY. I have been Googling the subject since July!! :smile:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
On YouTube, there is a video of the Original Broadway Cast in the Opening Number, "Good Morning, Baltimore." Diana DeGramo and Haylie Duff are currently on Broadway in the show.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
HAIRSPRAY is still filming. It might be released in July.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Hairspray will indeed be released in theatres across the country in July... I've seen the original movie and the musical (and will be seeing the musical again in February)... I hope the movie can live up to the musical... I'm still not really sure how I feel about John Travolta in the role of Edna Turnblad... the pictures I've seen worry me... he's definitely no Harvey Fierstein...

check out http://hairspray-movie-musical.blogspot.com/ for daily updates on the status of the film

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I know! I can't believe you are going to see the musical! I live in Texas so I can't go to NYC and see it! :frown: