10 Years On Muppet Central, A Dream Comes True

beaker

Reaction score
It was exactly 10 years ago this week that I started reading Muppet Central and joined the forums(the old Delphi forums before the April 2002 current ones)

And the one dream we all had, was the glorious return of the Muppets. A full on Muppet renaissance the likes of which had not been seen since the early 1980's.

Well as many of you know, that wish will soon come true:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/movies/21barn.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Virtually everything we've wished for and beyond appears to be
happening.

It's strange, being on a forum for 10 years. You kind of wonder
what happened to all the original people. Heck, I'm 30 but I'm told by everyone I look 20. I'd like to think I'm a whole heck of a lot more mature than I was back in the late 1990's, in a way I almost feel younger now. Or just as young.

Just curious who else besides Luke and some others are still on here from the 1998-2002 period?

Also curious how many people got married, or were able to reach their goals/dreams in life?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*applauds* Beaker, sir, to me you ARE Muppet Central. It's members like you that make this place so enjoyable and make the Muppets so real. You've been supporting this site and the Muppets for TEN YEARS and the determination has finally paid off. What a great time to be a Muppet fan!

It's great to have you around, beaker, and here's to ten more years! :eek:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Congrats on ten years Beaker, that's amazing. I've been here almost four years myself, which is nothing compared to your ten! And I agree with all you said about the Muppets. It's a wonderful time to be a Muppet fan!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, ten years! I can't even think of a single website that I've visited for THAT long, lol.

Quite a milestone, congratulations!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Wow, 10 years! My longest time on any forum is 7. Good show!

Luke

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like ten years, but yeah there's never been a dull moment - always something to talk about (and moan about lol). All those years we said wish this would happen, wish that would happen ... and IT'S STARTING TO HAPPEN! I do hope it all goes off well, Diz seem to be treatin the Mupps a-ok right now.

Also nice to see things going well for some of the Henson involved around here - finally seeing Karen back with Red fraggle was a big moment for me, and seeing Terry still around the forums making puppets warms my heart!

Congrats Cory!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Congrats on 10 years beaker, I've only been here, what five or six months?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! What an achievement for sticking around for ten years! Hope you're okay, heh! But congratulations! You should be in the hall of fame or something near that!:crazy: :excited:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still here! Oh and did I ever mention that I got married? :wink:

Congrats Cory! Glad to see some "old" faces around here.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey Cindy, I remember when you and Phil got married:smile:

@Luke; you know it truly seems like it was yesterday I first happened upon Muppet Central on my college computer.
I remember how excited we were that Muppets From Space was being filmed, and some of those guys would pop on the chatroom.

But yeah, I have a feeling that the long wait is finally over in regards to the Muppet comeback.

Actually it was back in 1997 I first started looking for Muppet sites, but never found anything too substantial. I remember the excitement of vhs tape trading back in the day. Long before the wonderful Muppet wiki, youtube or any of the things that can bring a new or long time JHC/Muppet fan up to speed of archival fun.

@Redboober Girl: Thanks! Four years is a good time. Heck, I'm tickled orange there are still a sizeable amount of fans online into the Muppets.

Let's be honest folks, Muppet fandom seems pretty underground/special, compared to say Star Trek, LOTR, Star Wars or even Firefly/Josh Whedon fan communities.
It's kind of like a cool underground thing

@ThePrawnCracker: Actually it's Cory(so weird to have people refer to me as a Muppet, ha) And thanks!

Hey you know we're hitting a very special time in Muppetdom...
For $90 you can create your own professional hand/rod Muppet puppet from the FAO Schwartz site. Now that's pretty darn cool.